12 team playoff game changer AAC

Man this guy is sure afraid to share the pie. Reminds me of the talk of not letting UH in the Big12., they don’t want to compete against us on level playing field. Cowards!

4 Likes

Looking at it in another way, the dude did get me pumped up with his assertion the AAC will be better than the PAC12 year after year.

It did sound like he was warning the P5s if they agree on this 12 team playoff system, they will create a true P6 (AAC) since we are mostly all southern schools in large cities with lots of talent.

Maybe the pac12 will add Houston and another to weaken the aac. Just a thought. I think we’re back this yr among the top of the aac fb teams. If they added us, they could help recruit the southern athletes they fear the aac can get.

1 Like

Guy sounded complementary and congratulatory to me.

1 Like

I think the guy is right. We hit the lottery.

2 Likes

It’s the lottery only if they give the sixth conference champ a equal share of the base CFP payout which is $67M per conference.

1 Like

We don’t need to go to the PAC now.
Only if the money is that much greater and now we have leverage…we don’t have to take a prorated share.

We are in a conference that has a legitimate shot at the CFP and one that already has proven it can win a National Championship in Basketball.

AAC > PAC

1 Like

PAC= 40m/yr ACC= 10m/yr.

2 Likes

Only reason we go right now…$$$

Nice link. I’m glad it was posted.
All we have ever asked for is the opportunity to compete, it’s now up to us to do something with. It will certainly make December more interesting.

1 Like

RIDICULOUS!! ONLY reason we go?? Its the only reason ANYBODY goes!! Only thing the playoff does is help us with recruiting… It does NOTHING to help us financially. NOTHING…The biggest reason to get in P5 is to get that yearly revenue stream and BE a P5 member…THATS why we need in PAC 12…PAC members make over 3 times as much money on TV deal as we do, EVERY year…access to major bowls STILL far better than us…We can play for the Rose bowl every year…

3 Likes

Yes, money matters. But so does perception. Local fans (including alums) are more likely to turn out for games against USC, UCLA, Stanford and Oregon than for Tulsa, Tulane, ECU and Temple.

5 Likes

You are 100% correct.
Friends let me ask a simple question.
Do you think our program runs/operates for free?
Here is another one.
Let’s assume Mr. Fertitta is not immortal who picks up the tab when he goes to heaven?

Let’s be clear again:
Each P5 members got $67M after the cfp
The entire G5 number of teams got $90M.
I am assuming you guys and gals took one or more math class to graduate right?

Revcoog too.
Anybody, does anybody on coogfans would rather attend/watch a game against USC than our current AAC foes?

You are concerned over the cost to travel to the PAC destinations? Are you still concerned now?
Lastly do you think the cartel/cfp will expand to 12 schools? It has not happened yet. Has it?

1 Like

I want good football. Remember the UCLA game at the Rob? That’s every Saturday. I can see a kickoff classic in Vegas. Bring it on.

4 Likes

I think those looking at p5 v aac pay out are looking at current situation. clearly this guy thinks aresco is about to change that by getting a share of the cfp payout….that’s about 5 mil a school unless we get 2 in…then it’s ten. Still not on pac-12 level with that alone….however, if the aac team excels past the first round every time and attracts a cinderella type following….things could change for the league in terms of popularity and tv contract….so I get his point that this is literally game changing for us

2 Likes

That game was awesome… Following year at UCLA was not awesome.

2 Likes

I hope so and it makes sense the if you’re conf makes the playoffs then you get what the p5 gets and if you don’t then you share the 92 mil like they do for the bb tourney.

the other thing to consider is expansion…byu, san diego st, boise and colorado st……
byu is outside looking i. w/o a conference, they won’t get a notre dame type deal…
san diego st and boisie will also be left out if they don’t outrank every team in the aac, he’ll we could get two in before the mwc gets in

What Aresco wants is for the AAC to get an equal CFP base payout which is currently $67M for each P5 conference. That amount is before any payout for playing a CFP game. That’s an additional $6M for each AAC school.

It will be very interesting to know what the financial breakdown will be in the new CFP deal.

3 Likes

That would be huge if arseno can pull that off