13th Annual Senior Showcase

Using an old Thread…just head to the last post…

Guys,

Hard to believe we have made it 10 years. The Greater Houston Senior Football Showcase will be on Feb 10th at the Texans Practice Facility on Kirby.

We are in need of volunteers to help with registration and timed events. If you ever wanted to time guys in the 40 yard dash, here’s an opportunity.

You need to be there at 6:30am and when you leave is up to you. We do serve breakfast & lunch.
You also receive a sexy t-shirt.

A couple of interesting tidbits:

1. We had a first, a kid who attended the Showcase made the roster of the Arizona Cardinals as a rookie. He went to Dulles and received no offers other than Trinity International.

2. A Showcase kid from Lamar went to Northwoods College and transferred to Western Michigan. He was the starting WR in the Cotton Bowl.

3. We have verified that 1200 kids have gone on to college because of the Showcase

If you can make it please fill out this form. We need the help.

Thanks

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfMNort4uUevqHE4pTRAFbhRvjV_DbfgyQEeAytRlvuRocXww/viewform?formkey=dEY3TEk4VHNTYjdqWHRDci1ySkNjakE6MQ

3 Likes

I’m a senior; but I’m not running any 40 yard dash…Oh wait, you are talking about HS seniors.

Never mind.

6 Likes

TTT.

Thanks to all the Coogs that braved the bad weather and made it out.

2 Likes

We are moving forward with the Showcase on Feb 6th.

This may be the most important one since inception. Between the lack of spring football/evaluation, NCAA granting an additional year and travel restrictions, there are a lot of seniors desperate to find a place that will give them a place to play and help pay for college.

Usually, we have about 350 - 400 signed up at this point. This year 660. We are fielding calls from out of state folks as well.

We can always used help with registration and running the drills. I promise that after registration you have the flexibility to handle a stop watch, oogle the Texan cheerleaders or go home.

[docs.google.com](docs.google.com)

13th Annual Greater Houston Senior Football Showcase Volunteer Registration

Thank you so much for helping to make this event a successful endeavor. This years event will be from 6AM until 1:00PM on Saturday February 6th at The Methodist Training Bubble next to NRG stadium. Volunteer orientation will begin at 6:30. Please…

There will be a few celebrities about, Super Bowl Winner Jay Shroeder will work with QBs, Alonzo Highsmith, Hall of Famer Don Trull.

When does this take place Coach V? Are the UH coaches going to attend?

Feb 6

No D1 coaches. No contact period. Only D2 D3 and NAIA coaches

1 Like

Thanks. That’s great for the kids to get another chance to get a scholarship. These will be kids there for the chance at an education and not looking at the NFL.

We’ve had one kid make an NFL roster. Another is a coach with the Carolina Panthers

1 Like

At my age 40 yards is a distance run

I stop halfway to catch my breath

1 Like

Due to Covid, we had to make changes to comply with the Texan requirements. We will have 2 sessions which will allow us to have more kids on hand. Looks like we could exceed our biggest number ever.

Thanks to the Coogfans who donated to the cause. We operate on a bootstring and rely on the Texans, The TD Club, Texas Bowl and many small donors to keep our boat afloat.

For those that don’t know, D3 & NAIA college coaches may have a recruiting budget of $3,000. Many have $0. To get them here, we provide a free hotel room the night before, dinner & beer Friday night, breakfast & lunch on Saturday. Those donations go a long way to making all that happen.

This year we do not have the Bubble due to restrictions but, hopefully, Saturday is looking sunny although cold.

Again, thanks for the donations!

Guess someone is watching out for us. Decent weather tomorrow.

Next week…snow