16,000 Season tickets

https://twitter.com/hunteryurachek/status/897948366335881223

2 Likes

thats less than last year?

Just got my notification, tickets being delivered tomorrow!

Down from 21,000 from last year. The Herman effect.

No OU or Louisville playing big part as well.

9 Likes

Along with the kick in the gut from our friends from the Big 12…or whatever they are called…

6 Likes

23,000 last year.

I believe some of the drop is the ticket scalpers and the family 4 packs people bought as extra tickets to hand out or flip. We also have 2 additional weeks before we have a home game so some might be waiting to buy tickets.

1 Like

This is a disappointment. Let’s hope Applewhite can win or next year will be 14k.

1 Like

Four years in TDECU. This will be the second best season ticket total over those four years when it’s all said and done.

Last year had the Louisville and Oklahoma bump, the 13-1 BCS Bowl win bump, and the Big 12 speculation bump. You hope to keep some of the first time buyers to build your base and you did that.

6 Likes

Wow, Elbert still works with UPS on campus.

I agree. I hope they keep getting new grads to buy, that is one of the keys to long term growth.

1 Like

Seriously, UH site states no available season tickets sections 301, 302, 303, for that price range, is this even remotely possible…

Real Coogs bought all the cheap seats first.

2 Likes

Has nothing to do with Herman and all to do with scalpers buying up over 5k season tickets for the Louisville and Oklahoma games while we were ranked in the top 10. It should be readily apparent when there was well over 5k tickets on resale sites for every game last year.

16k is still up from two years ago and with Texas Tech being the closest to a single marque game at home, you can be sure the scalpers stayed away this time.

3 Likes

They probably reserved those seats for the mini-season packages after season ticket sales dropped off. Just checked myself and they are available.

Already is the second best total. It’s more season tickets than Herman started with. About 50% more than Levine started with. About 100% more than Sumlin started with. About 150% more than Briles or Dimel started with.

In fact, I don’t think any UH football coach has started with a bigger season ticket base.

10 Likes

This.

Am I the only one who thinks ECU, Memphis and Navy will probably be better than Tech?

1 Like

Memphis and Navy are the Marque games this year at home.