1949 vs William and Mary? (Any other Rowdy Coog moments)

Does anyone know what happened with the vandalism @ College of William and Mary? It occurred in 1949.

Source: The 1949 season was prefaced with an act of vandalism from Houston fans on the campus of William and Mary.

Any other historical moments of rowdy Coogs?

There was a scuffle in the student section during the 2015 game with Texas State. Some Texas State students came into the UH student section to start trouble. Everytime UH scored in the 1st half, the student section chanted “F Texas State” and the Texas State troublemakers literally ran for the exits when it was 42-7 at halftime

There was a scuffle at 2014 TDECU with UTSA students when again, UTSA students came into the UH section looking for trouble.

In 2011, some rabblerousers came to the student section wearing UT shirts and left covered in red paint.

In 2013 BYU fans had to shield their kids eyes away from tailgating Coogs drinking and doing kegstands in the Reliant Parking Lot.

UH Co-eds wearing short dresses and tube tops also didnt help the Blue Cougars.

3 Likes

2015, the two games of rushing the field in a row

2017, the very expletive chant against Rice that went on all game.

2018, the insults thrown towards the Ref during the UH vs LSU Basketball game

2019, painting the statue of four lies!

2019-2020 basketball - insulting chants towards the other team.

In 1987 we went to an atm game and painted ourselves waist up
red and white with sigma a t m sigma (e). we turned around to face the upper deck students in the 3rd qtr…it was a close game and they threw quite a bit of stuff at us…
the following home game we painted something else for texas but they wouldn’t let us in without shirts on…so we painted our faces.
we beat texas 60-40 and decided face paint was the way to go from then on…that was the beginning of the bleacher creatures…

1 Like
1 Like

I saw/heard quite a few (presumably) UH fans being pretty nasty to BYU fans–in the stadium and in the parking lot afterward. It was embarrassing. I’d guess the BYU fans like I’ve felt up at UT games–disgusted.

1 Like

Was just about to say that could have been the case!

Was it always honors only or was it originally open to everyone? They still paint sort of waist-up. We planned on painting for basketball games, as we’re Trash Can People for that.

Also, CSC’s reaction to the second of those rushings.

2018 - Spirit Cheese at the Texas Southern Game! Students were throwing cheese slices in the air after touchdowns. This was a tradition taken from the Air Force Academy, which they do that every home game.

I think it was the 06 CUSA Championship vs Southern Miss. Right before the half we were driving to get the last score when the Southern Miss players started to purposely fall and lay on our players preventing them from getting up. We had no timeouts and the clock kept ticking. Sure enough we ran out of time and did not score before the half.

The fans were incensed and showed their displeasure by throwing beer bottles at the USM players as they walked by them for the half. I thought it was great. Football at its gnarliest. Since then, however, we have plastic bottles only. lol

This video as context?

1 Like

There was a bit of an altercation at a CoogFans tailgate In Austin either 2000 or 2002. I showed up late but there was blood around the parking lot and on a couple of our folks.

Never got the full story.

sometimes you have to break some eggs to make an omelette…

UT student punched a 13/14 year old Cougar fan in the face. Young man was standing near the freeway feeder with a cougar sign. The UT student was arrested.

2 Likes

My cleaning lady doesn’t look nearly as good as Hank’s.

1 Like

If our fans and students act churlishly toward other teams and their fans, they shouldn’t expect it not to be reciprocated. However, should opposing fans initiate such actions, there is no need to stoop to their level. Show Cougar class.