2 Air Force Grad Transfers

Isiah Sanders and Kyle Johnson

https://247sports.com/Player/Kyle-Johnson-79965/

Surprising to see that the two of these guys got grad school slots. Their military service won’t be impacted. They will likely delay their service start time by two years, then have part of their time spent teaching a class or two, which is normally how grad school slots work. You get an MS (or PhD), and you spend service time teaching at an Academy.

Posted here as a prospect thing? What would y’alls thoughts be on them coming here?

1 Like

Is there a reason for posting this here? Is the young man who is a QB interested to come here as a grad transfer?

1 Like

I hope so, we need two or more QBs on the roster…right now we have 4 listed…
#3 Tune (presumably the starter)
#6 Holgerson (not on Scholarship) presumably the backup
#10 Massoud presumably red-shirting, maybe being the back up later in the season
#14 Ogbogu (no on Scholarship) I really know nothing about him although he has been on the team 3 years

Did Tune change to #4 after King left or is that a typo? Sorry just asking, I didn’t check the roster.

typo…fixed it

Jordan Cooper. On this site folks were saying he’s coming in as a receiver but apparently he didn’t get that memo when he decided to transfer here.

"Cooper, who played quarterback at Navy and Langston, comes into Houston expecting to compete for that same job.

“Right now my film that they’ve watched is quarterback and that’s how I got here,” Cooper said. “So, right now my role is just to go in and play quarterback and see where it goes from there. I know it’s going to be a battle. I know D’Eriq King is still there as of now. I know he’s the guy, a flat-out player and all I can do is go in there and battle it out with some other great QBs that I know are there.”"

1 Like

Glad to hear that, TJ…We need every man at QB…and he seems like a good one…

On the official roster he is listed as a wr.BTW, on 247 there are a couple of new players listed as warm.

I saw that he’s listed as #31 and WR; but his film showed he could run and throw pretty well. Interesting. Is he on 'ship or walk-on?

He is a walk on
Season Stats at Langston:
Passing: 83-154 1104 yds 6TD 8INT
Rushing: 68-384 yds (net) 9TD

Best games passing:
16-31 259 2 TD 1 INT
20-30 260 2TD 1 INT
18-35 301 1 TD 2 INT

Best games rushing:
7-72 1 TD
9-79 1 TD
12-131 3 TD

Started 4 games at QB

Feb ?, 2017 Commit Jordan Cooper commits to ULL
May ?, 2017 De-commit Jordan Cooper de-commits from ULL
Sept 24, 2017: Commit Jordan Cooper commits to Air Force
Oct ?, 2017: De-commit Jordan Cooper de-commits from Air Force
Dec 31, 2017 Commit Jordan Cooper commits to Navy
Aug 7, 2018: Signed Jordan Cooper signs letter of intent to Navy
Aug 7, 2018: Enrolled Jordan Cooper enrolls at Navy Midshipmen
Nov 20, 2019: Enrolled Jordan Cooper enrolls at Langston Lions (NAIA )
From Langston University:
HT. 5-10 WT. 185 CL. FR POS. QB
From ESPN:
5-11, 199 | 40: 4.72 | Class of 2018
From Athletic.net:
200m 22.85
None of the three sites that report Texas High School track have any other individual running marks

MTH

Geez, i dont care what the roster says when we have a quote form the kid…He was a QB in HS, a QB when recruited by Air Force and Navy and signed by Navy and a QB at Langston…and he intends to be a QB at Houston…and SAYS so…We need him AND a grad transfer if we can get one…Thats how short handed we are at QB…

No, he stated he wasn’t sure.
I understood it to mean he was transferring here regardless of what position he would be playing.

Did you BOTHER to read what he wrote?? He didnt say he wasnt sure…The story said he “played QB at Navy and Langston and is coming to Houston expecting to compete for the same job” He said " My job is to go in there and play QB and do the best job i can" and then he goes on some, talking about Deric King…the kid is a QB!! just because he went to a service academy doesnt mean he doesnt have the skills to play QB for us…The opposite in fact…He can be relied on the be a good runner, great ball handler and be tough and tough minded and intelligent in his approach to the game…

Yes I did, he said qb is what they had film on so he was assuming that he would be playing qb. That was his reasoning, hence he was not sure.