#2 seed?

I believe Nate is on the brink of doing just that RIGHT NOW…

#2 seed chances are still alive with LSU going down. Need Tennessee or Michigan to lose (preferably both).

3 Likes

I think getting placed in Tulsa should be all but a formality at this point seeing as how LSU and Tech got dumped early in their conference tournaments.

We win tomorrow, we should absolutely be playing Tulsa.

5 Likes

All we need is Michigan to lose at this point. I think we are basically neck and neck with them. If the Coogs win the AAC postseason crown to go along with the regular season title, then I believe we have the inside track on the 2 seed. IMO

5 Likes

I miscounted too quickly. My “and” should have been an “or”.

You are right, but Tenn losing today would probably also get us there if we win the tourney. Unfortunately if Memphis is able to keep this up and win that hurts our profile, though. UCF would be a much better win because playing Memphis would still be considered “neutral” on our team sheet.

UNC, Duke, Virginia, Zags, UK, Michigan State are close to locks. We basically need the B1G (Michigan State only, not Michigan or Purdue) or SEC (only UK) to just get one and to also not get jumped by Kansas.

1 Like

32-2 would be very hard to ignore. Not to mention the number we hung on a not terrible UCONN team today. Our chances have gotten better today for a 2 seed no doubt.

4 Likes

I agree there. I think we want UCF thanks to their slightly better standing. I think the committee would probably even those wins up though considering we’re playing in Memphis. If they know what they’re doing.

“Neutral site” really should be a road game.

For what it’s worth I was just looking at another thread and I may be wrong. I think Pray10 says the sheet actually does account for Memphis playing at home.

1 Like

Also, I think we’re good no matter who wins the SEC. Really we just need Michigan State to win the Big 10 I think. LSU, Tech, Michigan and possibly Purdue or Florida State would be on the 3 line.

In my opinion I don’t think Kansas can do enough to pass us if we win out.

Virginia
Kentucky
North Carolina
Duke
Gonzaga
Tennessee
Michigan State
Houston

1 Like

:astonished::flushed::flushed:

It seems crazy to think of that list as being real.

2 Likes

Updated Lunardi Bracketology

LSU dropped to a 3 seed.

Michigan moved up to a 2 seed.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

Our #2 seed is being given to the Bonghorns.

Progs,

The MAC is typically a one-bid conference, with its one bid going to the conference tourney champion.

Should my Central Michigan Chippewas upset Buffalo tonight (one of my Master’s degrees is from CMU), then that will likely end their season.

At large bids out of the MAC are VERY uncommon.

http://www.bracketmatrix.com/

While that’s generally true, Buffalo should be in comfortably no matter what. I seriously think Progs must have misheard something. I quickly checked to see if any Buffalo Bulls fans were griping about Lunardi on Twitter and there wasn’t anything.

Most bracketologists (including Lunardi) have Buffalo between a 6 and 7 right now. A loss to CMU won’t cause 20 schools or so to pass Buffalo.

If Buffalo loses another bubble team loses it’s spot, though. Maybe Lunardi said something like that and Progs only caught part of it.

http://www.bracketmatrix.com/

1 Like

As an update, we really need Duke to beat FSU. FSU might be ahead of us even if they lose, though probably not.

1 Like

Unfortunately Virginia did us no favors.

Guys two seed is out of the question, it’s going to the blue bloods, there is NO talk, zero, from the talking heads and bracketologists about Houston getting a 2 seed, too many big names ahead of us , I don’t like it but that’s just the way it is

2 Likes

Unfortunately, I think you’re right. I think we need to string together a few dominant seasons and have the conference step up as a whole before we get the kind of love a Gonzaga gets as a non-major conference school.

My long-term hope is that the conference steps up and passes the Big East. This year, that means four bids and some wins to go along with the bids. Two schools making it to the second weekend could help, but I don’t see Cincinnati getting past a second game.

2 Likes