Scoreboard

Tailgating was always great at the Rob

1 Like

Man those red uniforms pop.

4 Likes

I love the 1999 uniforms with the white stripe on the helmet

1 Like

Those helmets look good!

Phat UH!!! Rob tailgating is superior to ANYTHING at TDECU.

2 Likes

That’s obregon in that last photo with the flip phone lol.

https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2018/06/06/40-under-40-honoree-helped-tackle-pension-reform.html

College man. Good times.

2 Likes

I think that was the game we had a 300 yard passer and a 300 yard receiver in the same game. And, our QBs split time!

Alridge had a ridic game too.

Obregon the :goat:

Yes sir! He was then and now. Glad I saw this post.

1 Like

However, we had usual lack of defense that Briles’ teams were noted for.

1 Like

That Rice crowd is on point

1 Like

Yes. I believe Donnie Avery had a huge game.

Yep – Rob tailgating was great because the Rob was surrounded by lots of parking & people – A great scene.

ΣΝs used to tailgate under the oaks in the parking lot at the North end. The band & cheerleaders would march by. Good times.

And the pavilions on the West side were pretty cool, too… No room anymore since rail was put in.

1 Like

Scoreboard operator needs to use a calculator.

I’ll probably catch hell for this, but I do laugh when I recall the MOB halftime show where they said, “You can’t spell DUH without U.H.” :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

Nah…that WAS funny…:smiley:

2 Likes

The Mob’s Salute to Zero the year after Dimel guided us to our first winless season was also kind of funny. It hurt at the time, but I can chuckle about it now.

2 Likes

Cannot remember the last time I have watched the mob during half time. No entrainment value for me
And the scoreboard has the stats wrong. I think the total is right and we had more passing yards.

The MOB was merciless…and usually poked harmless fun. But…sometimes they got creative.
A&M was playing at Rice. The Aggie Band took the field at halftime and the MOB then ringed the field with their members, all equipped with whistles. The Ags conducted their drill using whistle commands, so when they started, the MOB all started blowing their whistles, resulting in a giant mess of bungled humanity all over the field…they left the field in disgrace.

The Chronicle (or The Post, I forget), put a giant picture of Corps members of the band crying on the field, on the Front Page that Sunday.

To this day I still LMAO at that stunt😃

3 Likes

The UH student body did the exact same thing when we played a$m at Rice Stadium in 1976.

Funny as hell.

4 Likes