2011 season

I have seen this video but it has been a decade and it’s time to win big again. Worth a watch if you have or haven’t seen.

I hope we become a potent offense again.

9 Likes

The Corso F bomb was legendary

6 Likes

Besides Case’s great play we had some other guys play great as well in those clips. Patrick Edwards made some fantastic catches and runs as did Tyron Carrier. The runs by Michael Hayes were something to see – especially that one against UCF.

4 Likes

Wow. Thank you so much for sharing this. I was a freshman in highschool in 2011 and So many great memories of this season and some of my fondest coog memories from childhood came rushing back in this video. The patrick edwards td vs LA tech is burned in my head.

3 Likes

We missed on a major New Year’s bowl game because Sumlin couldn’t keep his hands off that Aggie money.
From that devastating loss to USM here in the conference title game however the team rebounded with Sumlin out of the way and beat a good Penn State team in Dallas…

6 Likes

Hayes was a bull dog. My favorite UH RB. The Case-Edwards connection never got old (unless you were a Rice fan). Special team, absolute shame Sumlin couldn’t keep the ship steady for another week. That team had a legit shot at undefeated season and T-5 finish.

6 Likes

God dang that brought back some memories. My father had passed away that summer and that Coog’s season was really meaningful for me.

Go Coogs!

4 Likes

MSU had some of the trashiest fans I’ve ever encountered.

This video brings back so many memories of a dear friend of mine who passed on way too young. We were at all of these games…

1 Like

If you are speaking of Southern Miss fans (USM), I have had nothing but good experiences with them. Have gone to football in Hattiesburg 6 or 7 times - always had someone offer us food or beer. Also, when the CUSA baseball tournament was here back in the old days, found their fans to be very nice, and very much for their team.

1 Like

Missippi State… They were mad because we beat them the year before… At their house.

I’m with you Larry, I encountered nothing but good hospitality and good sportsmanship every time I went to Hattiesburg for our CUSA games. I went every game we played there.

I went to all of them, too. I remember one of them during one of our really bad years. They beat us 62-14. During those days, our band was making 1 road trip each year, and that game was the one they decided on. After the humiliation, some of their fans came up to us. They said to us in a VERY nice way, " We’re so sorry - but y’all have a very good band. That is something to be proud of". I think that was the worst and most hopeless I ever felt about our football fortunes. They weren’t rubbing it in, they were feeling pity for us. I would of felt much better if they had of trash talked us or called us a bunch of sorry SOB’s.

3 Likes