2017 Basketball Recruiting

JJ Chandler released his top 5 and the Coogs weren’t on it.

Chandler may go to Western Kentucky. Fabian White believes that Jesse Febres will become a Cougar.

Patrick, we we’re right. It looks like maybe coach will sign 4 HS players and a couple of Jucos for depth. He gave out 2 offers to 2 Jucos last week. They both look like really good players. A Sf and a Center.

That would be incredible if we land Febres and another high school player. Really lay a foundation for the future after the current team departs.

247 predicts Febres to Houston, although, its only one expert so far (Basketball Illustrated on 9/12).

I know UH had the kid from Oklahoma, Chargois, for a visit. Vanderbilt would be nice but I wouldn’t hold my breath. Getting Febres is key. After that, coach Sampson can go in different ways.

The more I think about it, I’m not sold on Jarred Vanderbilt going to TCU. I think UH has to be considered a sleeper school he may attend.

Seems like Jase Febres will make a decision soon. I’ll be shock if it’s not UH his school of destination. #forthecity

Dammit, Febres committed to Texas. One thing is to lose a Jarrett Allen because he is from Austin, but a Houston kid.

Is he a point guard or center?

Yep, tough one to lose. Got to make the tourney to start getting these kids.

Still a strong class so far and can still land some more players.

I had a feeling he was going to Texas when he mention that he wanted to get to the NBA with in two years in College. I don’t know if he is that good, but we’ll see.

I’m happy with getting real good under the radar players, but it would be nice to get that one high rank player CS hasn’t been able to get. Vanderbilt is still out there lurking, so who knows.

So far, the 2017 basketball class, seems solid. Definitely the best class under Sampson because of Fabian White’s addition.

UH has landed two Jucos All Americans & two pretty good HS players. They all seem tough and gritty. They’ll get a chance to play right away; all four of them. You can win big with these 4 recruits.

CKS, has 2 ships left to give out. Although, UH sports beat writer Joseph Duarte tweeted out in August that Chris Harris was definitely going to play for UH during the 2017-18 season. With one ship available, CKS may wait until the Spring signing period to use it.

Overall, I’ve been happy with this class. Seems like CKS has just missed out in a couple of big-time rated recruits (Jarrett Allen, Jase Febres). Saying that, I believe he is very close in turning this program around. This year’s team has alot of potential due to experience, talent and depth. May be UH’s tallest and biggest squad in a long time. Having coach Sampson as a coach, gives me alot of confidence and optimism going into the season.

2 Likes

I bet we land another “Ed Oliver” type recruit when the arena is finished.

The atmosphere is going to be night and day.

I remember how I felt in the first game at TDECU. I didn’t care about the game. It felt so nice to be in a top notch venue. Basketball games will become an event again.