2017 Schedule Prediction

Let’s see who can get the closest, I predict in 2017 we will have the following schedule:

Home games: UT, Kansas, Memphis, Texas Tech, BYU, and Rice
Away games: TCU, Oklahoma, Iowa State, Arizona, Baylor, UTSA

1 Like

Lol. Don’t jinx UH.

1 Like

That’s a murderous row schedule, yikes.

NOTE: It would cost a very large sum of $$$ for UH to leave the AAC and begin play in the Big 12 in just twelve months. While this might conceivably happen, it would (most likely) be possible only if the Big 12 Conference were to agree to finance/fund their newly invited teams’ early exit payments (w/o giving the requisite 27 months notice). Of course, this could all be negotiated.

Looks about right …

I will also predict that the Thanksgiving game between UT/TCU gets replaced with the UH/UT … horns in Austin I know hate the froggie matchup during turkey day.

ALL depending 'course on how the divisions are set up … north/south or east/west … or it could get set up … Hitchcockian … N/NW vs SE/E :confused:

Early out negotiations could also include scheduling TOP AAC teams yearly for the next 3 - 4 years.

Who cares if it’s a murderer’s row? I thought we were all talking about how much we belong in the Big 12 and could compete right away. Baylor and the northern schools are all scared of bringing us in because they think we can compete. If we don’t think we can, why don’t we just shut the AD down and implode the stadium now, and save everyone all the trouble?

It was just an observation. But being in the B12 it should be attractive for top recruits.

Being in the Big 12 will indeed be highly attractive to those that choose to be a part of the #HTownTakeover

Tremendous fun and excitement waiting for the bid i think is sure to come…Almost as much fun waiting to see what division we will be put in and what schedule will be…Dream come true…

WoodMarkCos8h1
NOTE: It would cost a very large sum of $$$ for UH to leave the AAC and begin play in the Big 12 in just twelve months. While this might conceivably happen, it would (most likely) be possible only if the Big 12 Conference were to agree to finance/fund their newly invited teams’ early exit payments (w/o giving the requisite 27 months notice). Of course, this could all be negotiated.

Rutgers paid 11.5 and not all of it due up front. Here are the details I found in a 2014 article-

Under the deal, Rutgers will not pay the entire $11.5 million exit fee in a single check, a university spokesman said. Rutgers has already paid $5 million to the AAC — $2.5 million when it announced it was leaving the league last year and an additional $2.5 million the conference withheld from the school last June.

The remaining $6.5 million will be paid over four years, with Rutgers sending the first payment Sept. 1, the spokesman said.

Rutgers will make its final payment to the conference in 2017. All of the money will come out of the athletic department budget, the spokesman said.

If UH was offered a similar deal, I don’t see an early exit fee being much of a deterrent in trying to get in the Big 12 for the 2017 season.

Even if we get in the Big XII, we’re not going to be in for the 2017 season, so…

Home: East Carolina, Memphis, Navy, SMU, Rice, Texas Tech
Away: USF, Temple, Tulane, Tulsa, UTSA, Arizona