2017 team vs 2014?

Sadly I think the 2014 team would win by a td

Agree. The 2014 team was 6-2 I believe once we switched to ward.

Technically that 2014 team , Apart from Greenberry and a Okorn , went on to win the peach bowl in 2015.

2 Likes

And I think people forget how truly great that 2014 defense was. The were rated the 11th best scoring defense in the nation giving up only 19.5 points per game.

1 Like

Hypothetical A team vs B team battles are stupid because theyā€™ll never play and you canā€™t argue something that canā€™t ever happen.

2014 was prime jackboyz yearsā€¦the turnover margin was ridiculous ā€¦2017 is turnover prone
also would include sacking machines bowser and taylor
greenberry, ambles > current cb

2014 by atleast 2tds, if ward startsā€¦that includes the defensive tds

ā€œSacking machinesā€ Bowser and Taylor combined for 7 sacks total in 13 games in 2014. The 2014 team also threw more INTs than 2017, even if you want to make it a ā€œper gameā€ stat rather than a cumulative stat.

Even by your low standards this is a pretty bad take.

It depends on which team from each year showed up. Both were terribly inconsistent and could
beat or lose to anyone on their schedule.

2 Likes

This is the right answer.

lets point out 2 very clear things i aidā€¦and pay attentionā€¦ā€œwith ward as qbā€ (who didnt turn the ball over much)ā€¦ā€œturnover proneā€ (that includes fumbles)

ā€œSacking machinesā€ Bowser and Taylor ā€¦they were not in sack based defenseā€¦to pill up huge numbers of sacksā€¦but they were still able to pressure the qbā€¦the difference could be seen when they switched defenses

Even by your low standards this is a pretty bad rebutalā€¦you ignored key parts of my response and defined it by whatever you wanted

i said after ward had taken overā€¦despite what anyone might think, the team after ward had taken over was pretty good. applewhite himself said anyone could have taken over the 2015 team and won 10 games

and im saying this in a ā€˜likelyā€™ outcomeā€¦not a crazy game, if you watched the tulane game, wards ints in that game were ā€œluckā€ for tulaneā€¦ambles ran the wrong route in one, another the WR tipped it to the defender. and despite that ward still had us 3 yards from winningā€¦ ward had 4ints all his sophmore year, 3 were in that game, in 9 games

so if crazy stuff happened 2017 would win, but talking the standard game, with ward as qb im taking 2014, and its not that close

Well, Ward starting would not matter if the coach did not let him run. Do these teams include
their coaches or the present staff?

Greg Ward threw a pick every 37.6 attempts, Dā€™Eriq King threw one every 69.5 attempts.

Also I have no idea what a ā€œsack based defenseā€ is. Thatā€™s like calling an offense a ā€œtouchdown based offenseā€ in that it is a ridiculous, non-existent thing that anyone who knows football would laugh at you for suggesting exists.

Honestly, I didnā€™t think youā€™d top yourself after calling the Hoops team the 10th best team in the AACā€¦ but you keep doing you.

1 Like

I still say the same. You say Tulane was luck but it still happened. All Iā€™m saying is it depends on which team showed up. Both teams were inconsistent. I think itā€™s hard to get a likely result with inconsistent teams. If youā€™re saying both teams at their best, Iā€™d take 2014ā€¦ especially with Ward starting.

"Also I have no idea what a ā€œsack based defenseā€ is. Thatā€™s like calling an offense a ā€œtouchdown based offenseā€ in that it is a ridiculous, "

bringing pressure, to the qb. why are you making very simple concepts seem complicated
in 2014 the emphasis was run stopping and turnovers (rarely blitzed)ā€¦while in orlando it was about qb pressure
no one would laugh at me, since herman himself said the reason he brought orlando in was his ability to get to the qb

you seem stubborn and just trying make a point and nit picking details to say you are rightā€¦

i also never said we were the 10th bestā€¦ we lost to drexel, i said at this moment we have shown less than 9 teams above us, that id rank us 10th right nowā€¦ i noted in EVERY single response that it could change but that at that time comparing everyone we didnt look as good as othersā€¦drexel is a 250 rpi team and we hadnt beaten anyone of noteā€¦you changed the debateā€¦as a matter of fact, you ddnt even read my response in that debate (or so you said)ā€¦you literally said im not going to read what you posted

Some people call ā€œnit picking detailsā€ objectively gathering facts that contradict people like you.

Also saying there were 9 teams better than UH after the team got done playing its 2nd game is insanely dumb my man.

we have preseason rankings made by the coaches, made by media, made by computers, are you calling them dumb?.

my rankings werent a end of the season projections but a at the moment power rankingsā€¦which i stated numerous timesā€¦and at that time after the drexel loss we deserved to be ranked ā€œat that momentā€ #10

Yes Iā€™m doing precisely that.