2018 recruit offers

They picked up a decommit from SMU as well if I’m not mistaken.

think we could have a good chance to land the Henry kid…

https://twitter.com/ARealBoWorld/status/939938419932835841

FWIW, dating all the way back to last spring, Henry was telling everyone on his team that he planned to go to UH and that he wanted to do something dramatic at the end to make headlines for himself. Over and over again, he would joke that regardless of what he says or does before signing day, his plan was to sign with UH on Feb 7, 2018.

We’ll see if that proves to be true. If so, I’d be surprised. But I have two nephews on that Lamar football team who are saying “told ya!” right now, lol.

In related news, Lamar’s 5 start corner, Anthony Cook (rumored to be silently committed to UT) is now driving a very nice new car. I’m not making any allegations here…but I know some of his teammates are making side bets. My money (figuratively speaking) is on LSU, but they say he’s headed to Austin.

1 Like

This kid sounds toxic

If so maybe he second guesses that decision when he sees what some Coog fans think of him
https://twitter.com/JiveBJohnson/status/940001258529869824

A bit of a primadonna, but certainly not of the Tyreik Gray variety (if that’s what you meant).

He’s a nice kid. Decent family. Not the greatest student in the world, but very capable.

He’s been a stud RB since his 5 yr old flag football days in the Ft. Bend youth league.

In the past two days 3 247 scouts have predicted he’ll commit to Houston hmm…

1 Like

I’ll accept him with open arms once he dawns a Houston jersey and plays a game.

1 Like

Are fans tweeting recruits?

That’s always a constant.

SMH I hope that doesn’t negatively influence their decisions to come here. Not cool.

Agreed.

SMH at any grown man who tweets to or at 17-18 year old high school athletes for any reason.

5 Likes

There are many fans that feast on up-to-the-minute news from recruits, recruiting services, etc. and they want to break the latest news from HS recruits announcing or changing their minds on where they want to commit to playing football.

If there was not this frenzy for any information on coveted recruits, there would not be a benefit to playing the system to get more attention. But, yes, it is the player that is toxic…

@pray10 any word on how Lawrence Keys felt this weekend?

1 Like

His birthday was Saturday while he was in town. Other than that, he had LSU and Notre Dame in his house tonight. No feeling on where he ends up as he’s keeping it close to the vest. Singleton being here is a bonus for us.

2 Likes

If we can get Keys,Henry, and Sawyer[edit], there will be a lot of speed for next season. It’ll be hard to keep them all off of the field. I wonder if Henry is open to the idea of playing slot.

Who is Turner ? If you don’t mind me asking.

*Sawyer

My bad.

Do you mean BOOM! WR Peyton Sawyer (Update: Signed LOI)?

1 Like