2018 Season Tickets Update

New Season Tickets go on sale Friday! Looks like there is quite a bit of lower bowl tickets available. Don’t know if there was a larger number of drop outs this year or what but it looks like there is a lot more available than many people expected. Lots of great seats available! I see quite a few in my section, so I hope the people that I enjoyed sitting with didn’t leave the section or fail to renew.

Wow… that is a lot of tickets for sale. One third deck section only has four sold tickets in it.

7-5 season, bowl loss, an unexciting offense, and a fairly no-name schedule this year will have that effect on sales. Lot of fans and season ticket holders don’t closely follow the team online so they don’t have the same excitement. Many will probably choose to buy single game tickets for the games they want to see since they figure that there will be plenty of empty seats.

Department is going to have their work cut out for them this year to get season ticket sales up.

1 Like

I will add that the recent performance is one thing, but I still go back to some awful pricing, allocation, and stadium management decisions by the AD - and ticketing office in particular - that have “frustrated” fans recently.

5 Likes

Some might also be related to our OC hire.

If so, they’re pathetic.

1 Like

Season tickets determined by who our OC is? That’s a stretch.

3 Likes

not sure what yall expect. we coming off a disappointing season with Applewhite. it will be even less if he has another disappointing season.

2 Likes

doubt its because of briles. its clearly because of Applewhite and last season.

3 Likes

Considering the big YAWN when applewhite was hired, and the resulting mediocre record, coupled by the less than 20k average paid attendance, it’s no wonder season ticket sales are lagging for the upcoming season.

Personally, I expected an uptick because of briles but fans are waiting for results.

2 Likes

I have a problem with both the Applewhite and Briles hires. And I have issues with the pricing.

2 Likes

You’d be surprised

1 Like

I’m pretty sure casual fans don’t care about the briles hire. i bet if you ask a random UH fan where Briles last coached at they probably wouldn’t know. Winning and hype attracts casual fans and season ticket sales.

2 Likes

I agree, I know several people in my section (including me) weren’t happy with the way they handled moving people around last year when they put in the chairbacks. I think some of them didn’t renew.

Go back to the Briles hire thread for a little color. There are some pissed off fans for sure, ones that said specifically that they’d be cancelling based on the hire. I think that’s a #3 reason behind last season’s lack of success and the wishful price hikes though.

5 Likes

Our prices are cheap compared to other programs!! Go to UT or A&M and see how much tickets cost, they still fill the stadium up, Houston fans will never get it, pitiful lol

10 Likes

yep. i paid more for rockets warriors game 7 than my season ticket price for UH football and i was in the nosebleeds for that game. our season ticket prices are cheap.

3 Likes

Uh fans get it and have spoken that they don’t view the product on the field on the same level to warrant the cost. You don’t accept the reality but it is what it is. I wouldn’t pay aTM prices to see aTM and I don’t pay rockets prices to watch them play either.

3 Likes

I’d imagine that some folks are dropping tickets to budget for basketball tickets in the Fertitta Center. Our group dropped from 12 to 9 tickets this year, in part for that reason.

There’s only so many of us, and we only have so much money to spend on UH athletics. It is what it is.

3 Likes

You can’t lose to Tulane and not drop in season tickets the next year. Pretty fundamental law of the universe.

7 Likes