2018 Season Tickets Update

I heard he is at McNeese State?

Correct, he’s at McNeese this year. He can transfer after one year there.

To be fair, some of those guys left before Herman left (Guidry, Petry, Beck, Boyd, and Mascarro). Others were going to leave even if Herman stayed (Stiner, Sanogo, Ogbannaya, Grace, Davis) and some of them committed after Herman left (Anderson and Jones). Probably the only guys we truly lost because Herman left were Huhn, Cosmi, Young, Bimage, and Bernard. Herman took 3 of them with him, Huhn’s mom hated Applewhite so that was a mutual separation, and Bernard decided he’d see the field earlier at Baylor.

It’s awesome in the front row…we’r e in 117 on the corner of the endzone so we can see everything but the scoring plays at the other side are tough to see. There is a different feel at the games when you’re that close to the field…

i disagree about your 2nd part. stiner would have definitely stayed. sanogo and ogbannaya would too. same with timarcus davis. grace didn’t have the grades so he wasn’t going to sign regardless.

We just moved to row 3 in section 117 and I was worried it may have been too close. But I’m glad to hear you enjoy sitting in that part of the stadium!!

I am assuming you can see the video screen from your seats?

At Robertson I had the family pack and would very often get in early enough to get front row South end zone seats. It was awesome when the team was down on our end…and seeing players come running right at you for a TD…that is really cool.

However, as soon as the play got 30 yards away from our endzone you could no longer see the opposite side team…and when play was down on the other goal line we were looking over our shoulders at the jumbo screen 1/2 the time.

Its a give and take. So at the new stadium we went for a better view…and I’m in 230 as well. Great seats…40 yard line…don’t miss a thing.

Ours was a group choice and getting consensus was a process…as everybody likes different things. In fact, if there was a big screen on the East end when the stadium opened I probably would have pushed to be down in the West endzone. Not sure if that little screen they put in the SE corner would change my mind.

I do miss being close to the players but…a West EZ seat at TDECU is different from the South EZ seat Robertson. The players at TEDEC use the Southwest corner entrance/exit so for the most part they’re all the way across the field. At the Rob they used the SW corner so they were right there near us.

I remember watching a The OSU game from the corner end zone at few rows up at the horseshoe, student section was an eye opener for a high school kid. Plays between the far hash and the far sideline were not really visible. You could only see the players from the waist up there was such a curve to the field.

I like the excitement of being down closer to the field, but I’m old enough now that I treasure good viewing angles over excitement. 2 years ago I had season tickets in 315 which I thought was perfect in our stadium. The view was as good as watching on TV for me. I had to get rid of my season tickets, so now I either go with friends or buy single tickets. When I sit with friends in the 100 sections, I don’t like it at all. I just don’t feel like I get to see enough of the play. I end up watching the screen most of the game which sucks since I can do that at home for free. Just one man’s opinion though.

1 Like

I agree with you there, as a student I would watch the games from the end zone some (though I’d also squeeze in to area’s by my dad’s seats), and it was really cool how close we were and what you could see when they were in that end zone. The other side of the field, not so much.

My seats are Row 4 behind the visitors bench. They are great. Though I had Row 3 last year (row 4 the year before), I think Row 4 gives me the best view from the lowest seating.

If I can’t see the play at the opposite endzone then I turn my head and look up at the big screen… It’s a fun section!

117 For Life!

Go Coogs!

Maybe, but all 4 got P5 offers after Horn coach left…Stiner literally right before signing day from Florida. No telling if they stay solid once they receive those offers.

Doesn’t matter much anyway as he was gone regardless of whether he ended up in Austin or not. Signing class was mainly there to show he wasn’t a one trick pony.

Of course, Herman hasn’t proven yet that he is not a one trick pony !!!:sunglasses:

5 Likes

This is a yes-but deal. The QB in this system has to be a very mobile operator. Yes, the offense reads the defense. But more than that the obscene wide sets this offense uses are custom taylored for a passing offense. But, yes, the O is prepared to run every single down if the D spreads out. It becomes “pick your poison” for the D. But make no mistake, if the O can’t pass then it will become “stuff the run and sack the QB.” So, that’s the way it works regardless of what we call it.

The Red Zones East or West are totally under cover, have restricted access and private bars. They are even with the end zones but high up enough you can see the other EZ with no problem. I’m a skin cancer patient so I had to be out of the sun. The seats are a bit pricey but to me are worth it.

1 Like