2019 American Athletic Conference Media Days - Oct 14th

If I had too go out on a limb i would speculate CKS knows a little more about their shooting than we do.

2 Likes

Coach has already said that this year’s UH team lacks a “sniper” like Armoni Brooks and that we will have to win games with a different style of play.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/TheHRReview/status/1183830011259883520?s=09

2 Likes

He clarified, doe :joy::joy::joy:

Next year we have that Idaho transfer. Dude is a sniper. Brooks shot only 38% from the 3pt line. Corey Davis was more of a sniper and better shooter in my opinion :sunglasses: Brooks just took more :sunglasses:

Since you seem to be exclusively relying on 3pt % this doesn’t make any sense.

Corey shot 43% from 3 two years ago and 38% last year.

Armoni shot 42% from 3 two years ago and 39% last year.

They also took a very similar number over the last two years (508 for Armoni and 536 for Corey).

Those percentages on that volume of shots are excellent by the way.

Corey was a great shooter but definitely not as good as Armoni in my opinion. Armoni’s looks were overall more difficult than Corey’s (i.e. further out and more contested). Defenses seemed to respect his shooting more and go all out to avoid letting him take 3s, though to be fair, that was somewhat in part because Corey was much more of a threat to score off the dribble.

1 Like

Anyone have a link to the Katz coaches roundtable that included CKS? I found the UCF SMU one on Facebook but couldn’t find ours.

https://twitter.com/American_MBB/status/1183726038053867520

click the link in tweet for round table

1 Like

Nothing sent our fans into more of a frenzy than when Armani would launch those bombs from Scott Street! No one on this team will have his range but we should make up for it with a bunch of decent shooters meshed into one…we will not be void of 3 point shooters…

Thanks for the link. Seems like Hunter and Sampson are ok now after that grandpa stuff. AAC has a lot of high level coaches, that’s one thing that sticks out with these roundtables.

4 Likes

hunter says he’ll walk on water before finishing last in the aac
https://twitter.com/garlandgillen/status/1184165888624381953

I really hope he’s able to get Tulane to being mediocre. Would be great for the conference.

I kinda like Hunter. He’s FOS and doesn’t mind sharing it with everyone.

1 Like

I think Penny already has the FOS market cornered, haha

3 Likes

What? Are you crazy? Don’t you know that among us we know everything. :wink:

i listened to a bunch of memphis podcasts (3 total) about aac media day cause they referenced us…all 3 basically say that its insane to think houston is even comparable or at the same level to memphis, they are going to wipe the floor with houston…these weren’t fan podcasts, these were major media (2 memphis papers & 247)

the one for 247 goes in on dejon, basically saying he isn’t good and has no business on a 1st team all conference

1 Like

I have family in Memphis so that isn’t a surprise. The local media might as well be fan sites because they aren’t objective at all. They think Memphis invented basketball.

1 Like

Well, while they didn’t invent cheating in BB, they were in the initial wave.

2 Likes

Memphis needs to update their mascot costume to a paper tiger!

Memphis is a small-time city. The biggest thing they have to offer is Graceland. Really?