2019 American Athletic T&F Championships - Wichita - May 10-12 (Men win Conference again!)

Need to pay more attention to field events IMO. Sprinting is carrying the load but a dropped baton or key injury and things can turn south.

1 Like

Our field events are gradually improving from where I remember them to be. Coach Burrell has built a extremely solid sprint team as our base & has now been upping our talent level in field events

1 Like

Why didn’t Obi jog the 200 to get the 1 point?

1 Like

We have pole vaulter, long jumper in our 2019-2020 class that should give us depth across non-sprint events

1 Like

And high jumper too
 need to go back and cross-reference commits names against State Meet results this past weekend

1 Like

Suprised we didn’t get any points in the long or triple jumps. We do have a couple of promising freshman in the long jump I think

1 Like

Long jump was really surprising. Jefferson didn’t jump and then McQuirter fouled out.

We also missed a Barraza type distance runner this year.

They keep showing a Wichita State runner that’s in like 18th talking about how he’s in good spot, and yet Contreras is in the top 8 right now.

Home cooking

VĂ­deo has been atrocious all weekend

1 Like

Contreras finishes 8th to pick up a point!!! Could be huge.

3 Likes

Huge! Gutsy race for Contreras!

He’s a senior who didn’t even have a posted time according to the announcers.

4 Likes

Magness gets the most out of his runners. I wish more high schoolers would want to come run under him, but we haven’t gotten that pipeline yet. However, the talent on the distance side of the house is slowly getting better.

6th place overall finish for the Lady Coogs in the 4x400.

10th place overall finish this year. Without Bethel and Hawkins, we just didn’t have the talent.

https://twitter.com/stevemagness/status/1127739527286669313

Unbelievable

1 Like

Wichita State pulls out. Coogs clinch no matter what!!!

Stream just died?!?

1 Like

Wtf, unreal streaming ran by amateurs

1 Like

Why did WS pull out?

1 Like