2019 Astros - The Playoffs

Sanchez went 6 innings in this sweet no hitter.

no%20no

4 Likes

Reminds of when Fiers did it shortly after he arrived from Milwaukee.

Amazing what guys do here. Liking our chances a lot this year.

1 Like

This Astros team is loaded. I know Yankees have sum savages on offense and Dodgers have that pretty good rotation, but the Astros are basically an All-star team out there :flushed:

4 Likes

Yeah, what an amazing feat last night! Hopefully they can keep it up and play their best ball down the stretch. On another note though, did you guys catch the postgame interview? I think I’m a bit annoyed by the Biagini guy. He just seemed very unprofessional and added in unnecessary quips that I thought brought down the press conference. I think he just wants attention.

I have watched a lot of baseball in my life. In my opinion, with the recent additions , the emergence of Yordan and with the lineup finally healthy, this is the best team I have ever seen in my life. Better than:

-Mantle Yankees

• Koufax and Drysdale Dodgers
  • Reggie Jackson A’s
  • Palmer and Brooks Robinson Orioles
  • Rose, Morgan, Bench big Red Machine
  • 1986 Mets
  • The Steroid A’s
  • The Jeter Yankees.

This is a once in a generation team. They are loaded.

6 Likes

Complete baseball freak here, team is absolutely loaded. Dynasty in the making, just add couple more WS titles and they’ll be in rarefied air

4 Likes

Agreed…we deserve this!!! All the misses in the Dome era…

1 Like

That’s the tricky part. Baseball requires getting hot at the right time in the playoffs and a little luck too. Hopefully the Astros will have both deep into October.

3 Likes

Kind of like having the best team in a NCAA Tournament and losing early or not making the Final Four.

The bats can go cold for a spell but the odds of Verlander, Cole, Greinke, Miley and Sanchez all being off at same time are pretty slim to nil. Only thing that can derail this team, IMO, would be injury bug or turmoil in the clubhouse

3 Likes

Yordan Alvarez = Roy Hobbs!

4 Likes

75-40 record is the best in franchise history through 115 games.

-From Berman

-From Berman

2 Likes

The '61 Yanks were pretty potent…but you could be right about these Astros…but let’s see how it plays out on the field. Nothing less than a world series ring will be a bad year.
Heck our franchise started in 1962 when the Yanks were enjoying dominance, and we have now won one world series and played in two.
So I am not quite ready to compare this team with the great ones.
BTW, I thought the Astros should have won it in '81, '86 and when we rented Randy Johnson in 1998?. We had some salty pitching staff over the years but never could get over the hump.
Yordon is already a special player and has a chance to be a star for years to come. But let’s hope he stays healthy and continues to get better…if that is possible…

2 Likes

Butch this Astros team is like a combination of the offense of the Big Red Machine with the pitching of Palmer, McNally, Cuellar, Dopson Orioles.

Altuve,Verlander and Greinke are sure bet hall of famers.

Cole, Springer, Bregman, Correa and Brantley could be hall of famers.

Yuli, Miley, Osuna are just merely very good.

That leaves you Yordan who is the best young hitter I have ever seen and that includes Griffey JR.
He might end up being the best Astros player ever if he can find a position.

I have never seen a team like this.

3 Likes

1 Like

51, I think you are right about this being the best Astro team ever with a lineup very similar to the '61 Yankees with Mantle, Berra, Maris, Richardson, Boyer et all. But like I said, we have the chance to prove it in October! No doubt this team is even better than our championship team two years ago.
I guess I am old school, however, just waiting to see if we get it done in prime time.
No doubt Yordon is perhaps the best young hitter to ever wear a Colt, Astro uniform. He has just a natural swing and lots of power. The only one I can think of who even comes close as a rookie is Cesar Cedeno, also a great rookie who was never the same after killing the girl overseas…and Cedeno was also a great outfielder. So in my mind he was the best all around rookie we ever had…

2 Likes

Think this our best team ever by a long shot but got to get multiple rings before get into that conversation. This team does have the build to be a Dynasty without a doubt. CC was my favorite, along with The Wrangler, as a kid. He could have been a HoF’er, he was that good. I was really shocked he wasn’t in the Astros HoF class, no offense to those inducted…he spent 12 years here, was by far our best player for many years. Last knew he was involved in Astros Minor League system.

Wade Miley is 10-4 with an 3.05 ERA, so I believe his picture belongs with the group of 3 shown above.

He’s better this season than Kuechel was in 2017.

6 Likes

Pretty similar, IMO. He’s definitely better than Keuchel was last year.

3 Likes

You are correct.

I must have been thinking of the 2018 season when Keuchel wasn’t very good. Nevertheless, Miley’s picture belongs among the other players. Also he’s the only lefty among the Group of 3.

3 Likes