2019 Coaching Carousel (Non-UH)

Will laugh if Tenn loses their coach. Lol

1 Like

Virginia Tech hired the Wofford coach.

1 Like

With the way coaches get treated at G5 schools, maybe Tennessee should just try to see if he will jump ship from Arky after he agreed to be their coach days ago, why not…

1 Like

It would be insanely awesome to see this happen to an SEC school, especially if he jumps from one SEC school to another. I would pay PPV prices to see the meltdown on Arky’s boards over that!

6 Likes

Whoops, didn’t see that one. Thanks

2 Likes

This is one of those situations befitting of Coach Sampson’s mantra: “Don’t mess with happy.”

https://twitter.com/ClowESPN/status/1115325966694408193

2 Likes

For $5 million i’d want a package deal of Rick Barnes and Admiral Schofield.

3 Likes

Barnes staying at Tennessee per ESPN

1 Like

LA Times reporting it now, too. Don’t mess with happy, i guess.

4 Likes

Maybe they can reach out to Ben Howland and see if he wants to come back! :joy:

1 Like

Can I start a rumor? UCLA is calling Kellen next, reported from reliable sources. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

1 Like

There was a guy in the TSA line at Hobby yesterday morning that looked an awful lot like Coach Wooden. Maybe he would take the job.

I’m curious in today’s game how this would work. I think they’ll be a bigger exodus than 20 years ago when a few one and done’s and a outlier here or there would declared. Instead of 5 to 6 HS players entering the draft, I think probably if you’re a top 10 recruit, you would declare straight out of HS and test the waters. HS players are much better prepare and play a lot more basketball than when Kobe and Garnett came out.

1 Like

You think Barnes played Tennessee?

Why would Musselman be a better fit at UT than Arky?

Clone???

Lon Kruger was supposedly the other guy they were talking to. If he gets the job now there’s no way “Sampson reuniting with OU” becomes a thing, right?

I think Sampson’s buyout is around $21 million right now. Wouldn’t worry about any “Sampson to ___ “ rumors.
And if they were true, as much as I LOVE coach, that’s a whole lotta green haha.

Aside from nostalgia OU is just as good a bball place as UCLA.

The LA schools don’t carry the mystique they used to. I saw that when Sumlin decided not to interview at USC.

Both those schools are known for beligerent sports administration and high expectations.

1 Like

So I just looked it up and Kruger said yesterday that he plans to finish his career at OU and said that he hadn’t interviewed for UCLA. It’s possible that he said that thinking Barnes was going there, but in all likelihood my earlier post was moot.

So Sampson owes the school $21 million if he takes another job? That’s very solid if true.

1 Like