2019 Hype Video

Surprised this isn’t locked at the top of the board!

12 Likes

The opening of football season for me is like a child waiting for Christmas.

Go Coogs beat OU!!!

1 Like

The film was great but the music didn’t fit and I ended up turning the sound off a third of the way through because it was an annoying distraction.

4 Likes

Bring back “…Every Day I’m Hustling…” !!!

2 Likes

Great compilation of clips for a 2019 hype video! But man that music was just awful. College football hype videos should solely stick to hip hop or heavy metal for their soundtracks.

3 Likes

Agreed. Decent video but the music… not so much … but then again I’m not a fan of “Every Day I be hustlin, hustlin, hustlin, blah, blah, blah”!

1 Like

Kind of surprised they were able to find that many defensive highlights.

3 Likes

Remember the music for the old NFL films? It was generally classical music tailored to the plays and narative and it was really effective – even for people that would never sit and listen to classical music.

3 Likes

Good point. It certainly wasn’t the music of the day but it was very effective. Having Ed Sabols voice didn’t hurt.

Why not au fortuna? That one will send chills up your back.

4 Likes

Agreed on O Fortuna

3 Likes

We had good players, 3 were drafted this past year. Just weren’t always put in good positions to succeed.

They were also on the field for a ton of plays.

3 Likes

Agreed. That was certainly not meant to be a knock on the players, although I can see how it came across that way.

2 Likes

No, didn’t mean to imply that you did. Still amazed that our defense was as bad as it was with the talent we had on hand…even before the injuries.

2 Likes

This is what I’ve been saying. We were terrible on D in 2017, with the talent and without the injuries. Horrible DC…

Good video…awful music.

You guys are showing your age with the love of nfl films music. It’s good but doesnt connect with young folks. Better choices for hype videos.

I still say we should look at “What You Gonna Do”, Johnny Voltik/David Westlake…
This was the background music for a college pregame bite that I heard on ESPN one Saturday a few years back. Yes, I am 61 and white, and yes, there are elements of several genres in this music…but it sets up really well for a college football video…

1 Like

I just wish we would go back to the quality of videos we had in 2015/2016. Thomas Lakes we hardly knew thee!

4 Likes

Is there anywhere to find those old Lakes Creates videos? I can’t find them anywhere.

3 Likes

No, he pulled them all down due to copyright issues (music).

2 Likes