2019 New student ticket policy

Football

Student Ticket Procedure

There are 5,000 tickets available to current enrolled students & may be claimed for each home game on a first-come, first-served basis.

• Student ticket is good for general admission seating in the student sections of TDECU Stadium (sections 132 through 140). Subject to availability.
  • Students receive priority entry into TDECU Stadium 15 minutes before gates open! Students are required to enter the stadium at ICON Gate 2.
  • Monday of game week – Students will be able to claim a ticket by logging into their online account HERE
  • Tickets will be sent to students as a mobile ticket or print-at-home to their phone no later than 24 hours prior to kickoff. Email address listed on student’s online ticket account must be active on their phone to be able to receive mobile tickets.
  • If tickets are still available on game day, students can present their ID at ICON Gate 2 (Student entrance), and they will be given a ticket for admittance.

Valid Cougar Card in addition to game ticket is required for admittance to football games ***** NO EXCEPTIONS*****

2019 Ticket Claim Timeline
Prairie View A&MOpens Monday, 9/2 at Noon || Closes 9/7 at Kickoff
Washington StateSEE BELOW
Cincinnati – Opens Monday, 10/7 at Noon || Closes 10/12 at Kickoff
SMU – Opens Monday 10/21 at Noon || Closes THURSDAY 10/24 at Kickoff
Memphis – Opens Monday 11/11 at Noon || Closes 11/16 at Kickoff
Navy – Opens Monday 11/25 at Noon || Closes 11/30 at Kickoff

UH vs. Washington State University at NRG Stadium – Friday, September 13, 2019

• Vouchers will be issued at Cage Rage to eligible students (One ticket per voucher per student)
  • Students can redeem vouchers starting the Monday after Cage Rage, a ticket will be added to their account.
  • Student ticket pickup will be Monday, September 9th- Thursday, September 12th. Student must present student ID to pick up ticket.

Student Guest Ticket Procedure
Houston Athletics will have student guest tickets for select home games played at TDECU Stadium for $20 each based on availability and students may purchase guest tickets on game day. Students may purchase up to two (2) student guest tickets per game.

Men’s Basketball

There are 1,000 tickets available to current enrolled students & may be claimed for each regular-season home game on a first-come, first-served basis.

• Student ticket is good for general admission seating in the student sections at the Fertitta Center (Sections S11-S15 and 109). First 300 get to sit on the floor in sections S11-S15.
  • Students are required to enter Fertitta Center at the student entrance on Cullen Boulevard.
  • Students can claim a ticket, starting 3 days prior to tipoff until 2 hours prior to doors opening, at Fertitta Center (subject to availability). Students will be able to claim a ticket by logging into their account HERE
  • Tickets will be sent to students as mobile ticket or print-at-home to their phone no later than 24 hours prior to tipoff . Email address listed on student’s online ticket account must be active on their phone to be able to receive mobile tickets.
  • If tickets are still available, students can claim on game day by showing their student ID at the Cullen Street entrance for admittance.

Valid Cougar Card in addition to game ticket is required for admittance to men’s basketball games ***** NO EXCEPTIONS*****

Student Guest Ticket Procedure
Houston Athletics will have student guest tickets for select home game played at the Ferttita Center at a discounted rate, based on availability and students may purchase guest tickets on game day. Students may purchase up to two (2) student guest tickets per game.

NCAA Postseason Events
Cougar Cards are NOT valid for admission to NCAA postseason related events, but IDs are required to purchase tickets if a student rate is available. For student ticket information on a specific postseason event please call the ticket office at 713-GO-COOGS (462-6647).

3 Likes

I think as a student you should get 2 or 3 free guest vouchers per semester to use on the sporting event of your choice. Helps attendance/ interest/ investment in the university.

4 Likes

I think that there should be more student tickets, especially for games for which sales are lower.

5 Likes

It would make sense to give out more free tickets to students on seats that don’t sell. However, probably most of the students won’t sit in the upper corners of the stadium and will overcrowd the student section, making unsafe conditions, or not leaving space for students who do have a GA student ticket. Or, they will just crowd up the concourse.

I think this provision covers that pretty well. If seats are available on game day, students can have them.

• If tickets are still available on game day, students can present their ID at ICON Gate 2 (Student entrance), and they will be given a ticket for admittance.

They normally give away tickets to students on gamedays based on availability.

There are discounted student tickets ($20) for opposing team fans… and other UH System students

They should probably allow UH system students to get free tickets in available spots.

Most of the time they get sent up to the upper levels (where we suggested that reunion weekend ticket seating happens).

This is for both system and opposing teams.

If UHS students got free tickets, it would open up insane interest in transferring here/making people look towards it. Students are getting rejected from UH and recommended to do a year at UHD/UHV/UHCL (much like other ‘big’ texas schools do with their satellite campuses).

Source: The person who created our organization was a UHD student and was rejected from UH when trying to transfer (Left other university)

2 Likes

For football there should be no limit to student tickets as long as there are seats available.

1 Like

That’s what the policy says. It’s always been that way too.

Hello,
I have been reading about the student ticket policy, being new to the campus this fall and looking to attend a game or two, and had a couple questions I was hoping some here could answer.

What is the student section like? rowdy and stand all game, or more social, or loud only at times?

Also how hard is it to get student tickets to games on campus (assuming I am eligible, ie I’m not undergrad)?

I’m a long time season ticket holder but have never attended as a student so I can’t answer your last question about student ticket difficulty. From what I’ve seen they are loud and proud and yet classier than other student sections that I’ve seen on the road. They stand and have a great time. Of course there’s the shirtless guys spelling H-O-U-S-T-O-N. I see young ladies tossed in the air for every point that we have scored and with our offense that’s a lot of tossing but the young ladies look to be having a wonderful time. It’s done willingly. The only thing that I would like to see changed is that when the band plays what I think is called whomp whomp the students yell out MFing Cougars!! Due to the little ones sitting in front of me I yell Go Get 'em Cougars!! If I was a young student I’d be right in the middle yelling the same thing lol. It’s our student section and they are the best of the best!!

Anyone know of any instance when we have turned away students from a game that was not sold out?

I can answer some of those. When I went only the big games sold out. I’ve sat in the student section behind the post and its packed. The section closest to the 30 is my favorite because you see more of the game. I’ve sat there even as an alum because when students don’t show we have to make it look like students are there. Getting tickets isnt hard jist depends on our record, the product, and the opponent. Students are generally the loudest and the ones that get the stadium pumped and in it. If you’re a graduate student you still qualify for tickets. If you’re not a student at UH main you dont qualify for student tickets.

No. I’m not sure it’s happened much even in sold out games. Maybe the Louisville game in 2016.

Thanks on the feedback. I will be at main campus so that is good. Student section sounds similar to many I have seen at other schools. I may have to sit in the higher rows of the student sections (stood every game when I was an undergrad so can appreciate the student energy, but I’m still learning UH). Definitely will be looking to be more sidelines than endzone.

So far, looking forward to a game where I can root for UH.

1 Like

Here’s the seating map, students sections aer 132 tthru 140.

Sections 132 and 133 look to be the best in the student section.

Last year, the student section was packed for every game, and then cleared out at halftime. Most of the games, especially in the latter part of the year, saw only a handful of students remain by the time the final gun sounded.

Attendance has been an issue. I personally feel that all U of H students be in Downtown or other U of H campuses should be able to get students tickets. If it is already the case my bad. This can only improve our fan base.

1 Like

It isn’t the case. The person who made this group still had to get tickets. It should be expanded to other sports including our big three as it likely convinces students to go here.

Something that we are trying to do is create some form of comic video that makes fun of the other school. If it blows up, students might want to be a ‘part of the fad’ and show up to the
game (similar to Army vs Navy vs Air Force)

Our group painted the statues for parent’s weekend, it was a hit. Our group is gaining traction so hopefully we can contribute to maintaining attendance! One can only hope!

maybe one game each year the other UH campus students could get free tickets. If there is just one game a year they might actually show up.