2019 offers

Yeah, dude blow up this Summer.

1 Like

That’s a heck of a Top 12 to be included in. Wow!

Is he related to Jason Sasser from Texas Tech ?!

He’s his nephew.

Williams cut his list to 5 and Houston isn’t on it.

this is 2 days old but i just noticed it

4star mylik wilson did an interview…he doesn’t say implicitly but just reading into his comments you can tell its Auburn or Houston for him
He is the best Louisiana recruit in a dreadfully bad recruiting year in Louisiana

he is actually going the opposite direction of Mills, he is a 4star at risk of losing his 4 star status…he dominated high school last season (50-0), considered on of the best shooters in the nation, with great defense (why he was a 4star)…unfortunately for him he had a shooting drought during aau last month that has prevented him from blowing up, and might cost him his 4th star. A bad time for a shooting slump

he wants to visit in the next 2 or 3 weeks

2 Likes

So Mylik Wilson is from Rayville Louisiana. It’s interesting to note that Elvin Hayes was also from Rayville Louisiana and he certainly did OK for himself at UH and living in Houston Texas.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/DMcDonaldRivals/status/1027297555602972672

Just posting this because we are “technically” still in it and made his final top 12 cut, but Top 40 4/5star Guard Kira Lewis is committing tomorrow…barring a miracle he wont be committing here

Alabama it seems

I haven’t seen a lot of info on big men

1 Like

Victor Iwuakor-prime target #1 for bigs…the staff have put major work on him… visited houston a couple times (from the area)…2 months ago id have said we were the favorites, he has received like 60 p5 offers since, no clue where we stand now…he is releasing a top 10 today

Tyreek Smith- another one we were on early for that blew up (seems to be on a lsu lean, he’s from baton rouge)

Tyson Jackson- was a decently touted recruit in 2018, reclassified to 2019…i have no clue which teams still have their offers active from 2018…but we are by far the best team to offer him in 2019

then there’s Dimon Carrigan- Elite Big man from 2018 (averaged 20pt, 20rpg 13blks per)… an incident happened at his 1st juco that made him not eligible to be a 2018 recruit, and reclassify to 2019 in a different juco…there has been no basketball info on him in months…but he made it clear a few months ago that he wants to come to UH…no clue what happens with that

those are the main 4

2 Likes

Um, is this a typo??? If not, how is it possible he doesn’t have offers from every blue chip in the country?

not a typo…
and he did have some blue chips after him in 2018 recruit, and normally blue chips don’t go after juco. last year Syracuse, uconn, west virgina, Clemson, miami, georgia tech were heavily after him along with us and and about 20 others

but an incident happened at his juco, from the retelling of the story by him, his juco had a zero tolerance policy, a teammate tried to fight him, according to him he defended himself…but the policy says anyone involved in any altercation, all sides regardless of the reason are off the team…it gets a little fuzzy here, not confirmed…but supposedly the basketball scholarship was how he was paying for his classes, and because of that didnt have the class needed to transfer…and had to reclassify (was only a freshmen in juco)

houston seemed like the only big program that kept recruiting him after… a few month later in april, he said he was going to commit with all signs pointing to UH for 2019, he canceled the commitment…but posted on his socials that he loved UH a few days later…no recruiting news has come from him since.

3 Likes

Wow! We definitely need a big man that can play offense and defense. CKS has been pretty good about the kinds of guys he gives second chances, so I trust him on that. Hope we can land the kid because given how aggressively we play on defense, we need all the depth in the middle we can get!

Thanks for filling out the info.

Victor Iwuakor just eliminated us

6’4 4star guard Damion Baugh

I think UH has a shot with Sasser. I love everything he said about UH. I’ll be shock if he doesn’t commit to CKS. He’ll play the sniper off the bench role.

i think its the opposite, his comments about houston were generic…“Nice school, nice environment, ive built a relationship with coach”

i think sasser commits to smu…his comments on smu are stronger, especially about playing at home, multiple teammates already at smu and his uncle played at smu (who was a 1st round draft pick)…a different uncle (brother of smu player) is his head coach…
from his socials he is also close to smu’s other commit aswell…

im also not sure how hard we are recruiting him. coach brooks seems to be the only assistant really on but we normally put all of them someone we are trying to get badly … ill be surprised if he doesnt commit in the next 2 or 3 weeks… so we’ll know soon enough

Chase Hunter chose Clemson