2019 UH basketball recruiting class

With the 2018 basketball recruiting class wrap up since last September, Fertitta Center, addition of Wichita St to the conference & the great success in the court to go with player development; I can’t wait to see what type of class coach Sampson can bring in.

We probably going to be saying it’s the best class since quite some time. I’ll be ecstatic with something similar with what Dickey brought in with House & Chicken, but with better coaching and player development. I’m not saying he’ll have to bring in a top 20 player nationally like House, but I can see him hauling in two top 100 players nationally. (Two Nate Hintons basically)

I think he has a great chance in bringing in a special class for 2019. Plus, CKS is known as one of the best coaches in the country, and has Houston Rockets ties. You also have the Tillman Fertitta owning the Houston Rockets as a bonus now. Go Coogs !!!

It would be nice if CKS and TF can work out a rotation where different Rockets players would be sitting courtside at each home game. It’s awesome having James Harden and Eric Gordon there. If we can get a steady rotation of players prominently located for TV (so recruits can see), or arrange meet and greets for attending recruits to meet the stars, I bet that would do wonders for recruiting.

1 Like

I think Kelvins going to require more money to stay here…He’s only 62 so he still has a lot of passion and a lot left in the tank…I think he’s one of the greatest coaches to come through here! It’s only going to get better if we can keep him!

We’ll have another 4 scholarships available for 2019 with Robinson, Davis Jr, Grant and Brady all being seniors next year.

The big thing we’ll need next year are wings and posts

1 Like

That kid from San Antonio, Kevin McCullar has skyrocketed through the rankings. He’s now a TOP 60 player nationally according to RIVALS. He is very interested in UH.

3 Likes

Don’t really have a thread for this so I’ll put it here since we’re still in this cycle. However, I don’t think the kids the coaches were watching are C/O '19.

Shadow Creek Sharks boys basketball beat the Fort Bend Marshall Buffs, 63-55, to improve to 13-1 on the season.

The win came with some special guests in attendance.

Houston Cougars men’s basketball coach Kelvin Sampson and assistant Alvin Brooks were among those in attendance.

1 Like

Tyreek Smith is taking an official visit this weekend! Class of 2019 have to sign letter of intent by May 15th. Looming Boom Alert…?

1 Like

I think that CKS is here for the long haul and isn’t ready to bolt for another offer. I think his current contract has him happy and he doesn’t mess with happy.

The recent addition of Cameron Tyson adds to what was already significant haul. Anyone else he would add would be icing on the cake – and this chef makes great cakes.

Ouuuuuu lol. Your comments carry so much weight now lol. I’m happy we’re the first visit. Hopefully he commits by weekend’s end.

1 Like

He posted that in March 2018.

I didn’t realize that this was an old thread, I did see March, didn’t register the 2018.

https://twitter.com/Hboog32/status/1125205113566580736

3 Likes