2020-21 Rotation

I like the lineup above too, great balance of shooting and defense.

I can see Sasser and Mark being the primary guards off the bench with some spot time for Tyson.
We can be patient with Shead as long as everyone is healthy.
Plenty of other teams Shead could have to played huge minutes or even started. He will come here to learn from a great culture of players and coaches.

Didnā€™t CKS say he never plays more than a 10 man rotation?

I think most of these kids are looking for pro careers and are subject to jumping in early. Redshirting with the new transfer rules may just mean the same as saying he is expendable. Itā€™s a whole new world out there for coaches.

If heā€™s not really going to play (and I have no idea if thatā€™s the case) and the staff isnā€™t clear with him about that before the season and he just ends up playing some garbage time minutes here and there Iā€™m not sure heā€™s any less likely to transfer than if he redshirted. He may be more likely to transfer in that case.

Iā€™m going Jarreau, Sasser, Grimes with Mills first off the bench. You can probably just pick names out a hat and be fine with all that talent.

Realistically unless we go undefeated next year there will be a few names move in and out of the starting lineup. However I think from the tip itā€™ll be Sasser, Jarreau, Grimes, Gorham, and Gresham. Mills will see starting time but I think heā€™s a bigger asset coming off the bench. Instant offense while someone like Jarreau gets a blow. Tyson could be a threat to take a spot. As is Chaney if he gets his waiver. End of the day though being a starter versus being first off the bench doesnt mean much minutes wise in our system.

Donā€™t care who starts or finishesā€¦just hoping and praying we have a seasonā€¦man, this is getting badā€¦*

4 Likes

Not to look way ahead to next year, but Gorham, Jarreau & Gresham are the only seniors. You add Grimes to maybe declared after this year because he finally put it together, CKS would still have 3 ships to give out with White & Chaney in the roster next season.

I wouldnā€™t mind getting a Center and another guardā€¦

I imagine recruiting a big will be a priority for the next class. Like you said we lose Gresham and Gorham after this year and if Chaney gets his waiver to play this season, then both him and Fabian move on the following year. Thats a lot to replace at least from an experience pov, and would leave us only with Roberts and Powell. Wouldnā€™t be surprised to see us go after a high school big in this class and a juco big the following class.