2020-21 Team Offseason Workout Thread

The NCAA announced a new date when men’s basketball players can withdraw from the draft and retain their eligibility, either 10 days after the NBA draft combine or Aug. 3, whichever comes first. Since the draft is now set for August 25, I would think the combine would at least be in July; but based on nothing but what I think makes sense.

So at least by August 3 we should know about Deeky.

Glad to know you got the Delorean working again. :wink:

@RWcoog

Nice analysis.

I didn’t say “key to winning” and I said, “gorham is the key to our FRONT COURT”.

For all of the reasons you mentioned. I feel like we have too many weapons offensively for our success to be determined by any TWO players individually being successful. Especially, grimes and powell who I feel will both take care of business btw. Powell will overachieve this year and be a freshmen surprise like Sasser was to me.

Also, I didn’t notice in @Jcoop9 post, he was quoting CKS. He would know lol. Just saw this.

I didn’t mean to imply those 2 determine if the season will be successful. I think they will determine if the team can go sweet 16, elite 8 or possibly final four. Powell because he is the tallest player now and Grimes because of his potential.

1 Like

Rob Gray and Damyean Dotson have posted videos on their instagrams from some of these runs. Best I can tell, Grimes, Gresham, Galen Robinson and Chris Harris are playing too.

View this post on Instagram

@elitebballtraining #ELITE

A post shared by Rob Gray (@irob_g) on Jun 10, 2020 at 7:24am PDT

Instagram doesn’t lend itself well to being embedded onto a message board, so you’ll probaby have to click the link to view.

1 Like

Lot of good ballers in those runs. I see a Harrison twin, Morris Udeze from Wich St, Eric Moreland.

Sharpen steel with steel. Glad our players are participating.

1 Like

carsen Edwards, Galen Robinson, Patrick Beverly, Kevin samuels (TCU big)… a couple more that I recognize but arent sure the name…
.the video he posted with Beverly has Grimes and Harris …that is probably what Rob was referring to in that tweet…

They should just post the full runs on YouTube like the LA runs do … I’d actually watch it with no other sports around lol

2 Likes

I would definitely watch them now lol. The runs at Fonde used to be classic in the past, not sure if they still have them. You would get a lot of NBA players in those.

1 Like

I just hope we don’t have any more blown out ACLs from these runs.

1 Like

Reminds me of the great ProAm summer leagues I used to attend at St. Thomas.
I would definitely be interested in watching with some rosters onbhand.

Corey Davis was getting some runs in with our players yesterday. Posted to his instagram story, but I’m unable to link it here.

1 Like

Workouts may have to wait some time…
https://twitter.com/Joseph_Duarte/status/1271551845970952192?s=20
https://twitter.com/Joseph_Duarte/status/1271551615519150082?s=20

Wow…I’m afraid this will be a common theme at high schools, colleges and with professional teams. It will be very interesting to see how each group navigates through this. Hopefully none of those who tested positive are struggling to recover.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/Joseph_Duarte/status/1271560334524977159?s=20

https://twitter.com/DanWolken/status/1271568817236344835

Looking more and more like no football or basketball this year, I bet no students on campus again till we get a vaccine

Lol. We may never get a vaccine. Go ahead and bankrupt every university now.

1 Like

U watch and see, I bet no students on campus this fall, the media won’t let this die down, I hate it but it’s where we are headed, they are threatening to shut the city of Houston down again

1. Lina Hildago has no authority to shut the city down.

2. Kids will just go to community college rather than pay ridiculous tuition for 4 year schools.

How long do you think UH will be able to get by with 25% of their students enrolled? Answer: not long enough to wait for a vaccine.

2 Likes