2020 NFL Draft: D’Eriq King is the NFL's next small quarterback

### King comparisons

Everyone needs a person to look up to. For King, he models his game after a few. “Russell Wilson and Drew Brees. Both are smaller guys who just get the job done.” The last thing I want to do is seem hyperbolic, but right away, I get the Wilson comparison. Am I saying King is going to be Russell? Of course not. But the two, besides the apparent frame similarities, share a lot of attractive traits. Whether it be the pretty arc on his deep ball, always looking to keep the play alive until the very last second, or even smartly throwing the ball out of bounds to live another down, it’s clear King studies the Seahawk QB’s game quite feverishly.

8 Likes

If he has a monster season do you see him getting drafted in the early rounds?

2 Likes

Let’s hope he lights it up in Dana’s new offense!

4 Likes

First step: demolish OU’s defense in the national spotlight.

3 Likes

I had people doubting my sanity when I told everyone in here that D’eriq King will get drafted as a QB. Glad this confirms it. Kyle Murray movement.

3 Likes

It would be nice to be drafted high, but the main thing is to get drafted and be able to compete. It worked out for many low draft picks and FA’s as well.

3 Likes

I mean, he could. Murray wasn’t really considered a high draft pick before last season and then he ended up going 1st overall. Some of it was the baseball commitment, but a lot of scouts weren’t high on his size. But, his numbers and his abilities eventually moved him up the board.

2 Likes