2020 offers

:rofl:. Well he spells ā€œthisā€ as ā€˜disā€™ so maybe so.

1 Like

M. Obaseki is calss of `21

Not that it means anything, but they asked LJ Cryer who is the guy he would loved to play withā€¦ He answered: Tramon Markā€¦ He said he has known him ever since they were kids. LJ was injured during the Nike Ebyl last weekā€¦ But you never knowā€¦ Plus, his dad has been liking alot of the UH stuffā€¦

4 Likes

CKS sure does love point guards. Iā€™m salivating thinking about what he can do with elite level talent at that position. This isnā€™t a knock on Galen or Corey. Those guys worked their way into being very good players. But with the recent winning and locking up our coach, we finally have the pieces in place to land 4 and 5 star talent and Iā€™m very excited to see what CKS can do with that kind of talent.

3 Likes

CKS has always had good guards on all his teams.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/TeamWallElite/status/1124080595691241475
https://twitter.com/idainbouy/status/1124106854223765504

2 Likes
1 Like

Kind of curious. Have no clue how it works. We have 10 offers in 2020 going out to point guards (including the recent commit). Is it an understanding with some of these guards that we have limited spots for a position and when that is filled, we allow them to still show an offer but itā€™s understood there is no more standing offer?

Kinda feel like with over half of those guys, if they told Sampson they want to commit, he may say ā€œweā€™re goodā€ or tell them they can be on stand by and we will let them know closer to the signing date.

i wouldnt say ā€œtheyā€ have an understanding or that sampson would tell them they cant commitā€¦if he gave them an offer while actively recruiting themā€¦almost all will be ā€œcommit-ableā€ā€¦we are recruiting a ton of other players, the ones on standby are the ones without formal offersā€¦like valentineā€¦we are recruiting him, but havenā€™t given him an offer yet

at this point the majority of them are just worried about collecting offers ā€¦for most of these guys we will fall out of their top schools before we run out of scholarshipsā€¦

for those who are still considering us when we are out of shipsā€¦the majority of their offers essentially become null (some before that)ā€¦the elite few can commit whenever even if full and ā€œroomā€ will be ā€œmadeā€ for them if we are out of ships ā€¦(i believe cryer and peavy will have that kind of treatment)

1 Like

https://twitter.com/InTheLoopHoops/status/1124057685861728257

1 Like

You had me at 6ā€™11".

4 Likes

sorry ā€¦ that doesnā€™t add up ā€¦ you canā€™t send out 10 offers to one position and then call then say there is no possibility of refusal ā€¦ if 2 point guards commit ā€¦ no way sampson accepts a third unless one of the previous 2 agree to walk on or decommit

you removed the second part i wrote about that the majority of them expire if we are out of scholarships

your premise was that if some of them (assuming the less desirable ones) tried to commit sampson might tell them to hold on or that they cant commitā€¦
my point was that we wouldnt have offered them if they didnt have the ability to commit

Itā€™s late and either your reading comprehension is bad or my ability to convey my point is not coming through in what I wrote. My thought had nothing to do with being out of scholarships. It has to do with a coach not using 3 scholarships out of 4 or more available on one position. If a coach gets a commit from his 5th highest target and his 2nd highest target (in basketball) at the same position, he isnā€™t going to accept a commit from his 9th highest target even if he has 3 more ships available unless he is certain one of the three commits can play affectively at another position but he also isnā€™t going to contact all of the recruits and say, ā€œyour offer has expired, please contact the recruiting services and have them remove our offer.ā€

i was responding to this part

Kinda feel like with over half of those guys, if they told Sampson they want to commit, he may say ā€œweā€™re goodā€ or tell them they can be on stand by and we will let them know closer to the signing date.

as far as the position thingā€¦we legitimately started 3 point guards, and 2 power forwards the season before last ā€¦im pretty sure sampon recruits ā€œguardsā€ and ā€œbigsā€ā€¦ and then moves then around when they get here

in guard variety he prefers them as pg prior to UH (or PGs have the traits he is looking for), in the big variety he prefers them as power forwards ā€¦those 2 positions make the up the overwhelming majority of our offers the last 3 years

after missing out on all our transfer targets looks like we are back tracking to smith lol

https://twitter.com/jakeweingarten/status/1124275593862885376

We should put a full court press to try to sign him!!!

Not entirely sure about the level of competition in that video, but Iā€™ll take 6ā€™11" all day every day.

1 Like

We have a lot of irons in the fire and it has to be a very tricky slope managing all the ships and which ones to hold vs which ones to jump on immediately. I am not sure how I would handle it but then again I do not have 40 years coaching experience like Sampson does. I would not bet we have missed out on anything with the targets who are showing us interest. I am pretty sure we walk away with two pretty good ones and maybe two great ones.

Its a problem Iā€™m not used to us having.

3 Likes