2020 Season Outcome

So will we give Holgs a pass if we cancel the season altogether and judge him on the 2021 season as if it is his second season?

If we have a shortened season of say only conference games, what is the bar?

Just win baby!

2 Likes

If the season is cancelled, then it almost goes without saying that we’ll judge him in 2021 as if it were his second season.

If it is shortened, then I’m sure that we’ll judge him based on whatever won/loss record he gets out of that.

As for bigmccoog’s “Just Win Baby,” I SECOND that!

2 Likes

I am more in the "just play’ camp.

1 Like

It would be wrong to judge any coach on this season.

2 Likes

I agree. I think most coaches are safe unless their season is an utter dumpster fire

No, if he doesn’t have a winning record in a cancelled season he should be fired! :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Absolutely not! He is responsible if the season gets cancelled! Sarcasm aside, how could anyone do a performance review based on an 0-0 record? Can’t judge based on recruiting because it is a lot of speculation, and what-if, and he should be good based on high school. So no, no judgment if season cancelled.

If we play conference only, that’s 8 games and based on our schedule, I think 4-4 is the floor and the ceiling is probably 6-2 for me. One stretch win over Memphis, UCF or UC is required.

It matters who we get beat by too. I think we beat USF, Tulane, Navy, SMU, and Tulsa. I think we could lose at SMU so that would sting but it wouldn’t surprise me. If we lose to Tulane, Navy, or Tulsa, I would be mad at Holgs for that.

Idk, stream of consciousness going on here. I have no idea how good we could be this year. On paper, we have athletes coming in to shore up the D, but Memphis, SMU, UCF, and UC all have good players as well and Navy is always tough. So let’s hope we play some games so all of this speculation can be put to rest.

Most likely scenario is a conference-only slate at this point. Maybe we see one regional OOC game or something.

Why wouldn’t we play Rice and North Texas?

1 Like

Because f- rice.

2 Likes

Ok fair enough. I can’t argue the logic.

2 Likes

Probably the most articulate and precise argument I have ever read on this board.

3 Likes