2021 College World Series

Having a $200+ million athletic budget should allow their programs to soar…

Very true and yet Coastal Carolina managed to hoist a Natty with peanuts budget compared to Coogs…there is hope

Texas is one of the blue bloods of college baseball and went through a dry spell until they got the right coach… one of our very own

Not a UT fan at all but Longhorns or Mississippi State got a bad break with NC State out of the tournament. Huge advantage for Vandy getting to rest its pitchers.

1 Like

Would you be alright with those things causing you to kick it?

Lets say the CWS caused severe angina.

You go on a modified nitro glycerine regime as the Coogs win the National Championship in football.

From there the Coogs storm through the NCAA tourney beating ATM by 1 point at the buzzer causing you a massive myocardial infarction right there at the Ritz VIP Room… causing redskin peanuts and Miller Light draft to explode onto the floor.

Would that be cool?

1 Like

We’ll have the defibrillators ready !

3 Likes

Figured the whorns would win it all, the cowbells prevailed thank goodness.

1 Like

I’m just sorry that the 'Sips are even allowed to participate.

1 Like

Don’t agree with the decision to make NCST forfeit. Ruined the CWS.

2 Likes

I think the ncaa works for the sec :grinning:.

3 Likes

Stupid stuff. Just stupid.

Had the NC STATE team & staff been vaccinated? Is there a NCAA guideline on vaccinations?

I agree with this sentiment. OTOH, UT-A is simply validating something we already knew to be true. If you want a successful organization, hire UH alums.

3 Likes

No re NCAA.

Some team members had been vaccinated and some had not.

The coach explicitly said that whether his kids were vaccinated or not was not part of his job description.

Absolutely. A couple of needle sticks and the kids are safe, the people they come in contact with are safe, and NC State isn’t stripped of the chance to go to the World Series finals. Frickin’ stupid.

On the other hand, political points were scored. Someday some of these kids will be able to use this to run for political office–and they will.

2 Likes

Think I read where 7 were positive…5 had been vaccinated and 2 had not

Good, comprehensive read on the happenings.

2 Likes

Thanks for the read. Feel for the Pack team, those guys had to be spinning in circles. Statement that caught my eye was 130,000 tested 0.04% positivity equals 52 individuals and then to have 8 come out of a small group.

Congrats to Mississippi State!

My best friend, known to cybercoogs as RalphForever, got one of his Bachelor’s degrees there.

1 Like

Still disappointed that NCST was robbed but at least Vandy didn’t win.

1 Like