2021 offers

This is good @Ron1102.

I am pretty sure that CKS and CDH have some sort of bonus kickers of one million dollars or something like that if we get accepted into a power five during their respective tenure.

I’m could be crazy though.

That last sentence is so true. It never hurts to go to the juco well once in a while for a potential star player. It’s been good for us in the past.

It seems the really good players go after a year or two, whether to the NBA, G-Leaue, or overseas. So what’s the difference in having a really good juco going after a year or two or a HS recruit going after a year or two? We will have gotten the same play out of either.

The kids that stay to graduate have been our bread and butter. Rob, Corey, Galen, etc are the kids Sampson built this program with and I think Sasser fits that mold. But, I didn’t think Hinton would leave early , so it’s just my guess. If all the guys stayed the full term, I think their chances of making the NBA would be drastically improved, but you just have to let kids do what they want to do. I know many of us would have done things differently in hindsight.

Regardless, I have confidence in whomever Sampson brings in. He has earned our trust, so I don’t worry about recruiting.

1 Like

For sure getting a good JUCO for two years is worth it in hoops.

It’s tough to say whether this thing with guys leaving early will be a trend. If Grimes develops his jumper and is more consistent next year he’ll leave and be a first round pick. But Idk how common guys with more marginal NBA prospects like Armoni and Nate leaving will be.

We had it a little in the past with Stiggers, Jonathan Simmons, and Q’arran Calhoun.

1 Like

It ended up working out pretty well for Simmons. Not so much for the other two.

Francis is blowing up - it’ll be interesting to see where he lands

The more I read about Joseph Aidoo, the more I’m sold. Will be a tough get given he resides in North Carolina. Apparently, the videos from YouTube are over a year ago and he has beef up and looks a lot better skill wise and still getting better, on a more recent video.

The latest video was from this past weekend. He has been to campus as his dad lives in TX and Kellen has been on him for awhile. We will see how it plays out.

3 Likes

I’m sold on whomever steps on the court in a Coog uniform.

4 Likes

Even if it’s me ? Lol

:kissing_heart:

3 Likes

I’ll tell you what; if you make the Coogs team (assuming you have eligibility) and step on the court, I will know that CKS has coached you up and you are ready to play and I will cheer hard. I really doubt that will be the case; but then again, he’s a really great coach.

I don’t know who Sampson was referring committing on Sept but it’s not Aidoo. He will commit next year.

I was wondering that too. I wonder if its Doumbia.

1 Like

So…much…news!!! I love it! This time of year is historically a dead news/info period for UH basketball…and considering the current state of the world, I love logging into coogfans to get NEW information on an almost daily basis.

2 Likes

Me too.

Aidoo is a part of 2021 class and so is Doumbia and Robbie Armbrester according to 247 houston offers. Aidoo could be the one committing in September.

He drop a clue: he hasn’t seen him played in person.

1 Like

Whose he and whose he?

I think one of the he’s is CKS. The other he is the mystery player that might sign. That’s the speculation…who Kelvin was talking about.

we are currently top 4 for Jonas Aidoo…
we are recruiting him as a stretch big despite him being 7ft
not committing for 8-9months thinks he is about to blowup-doesnt want to commit till after that
https://247sports.com/college/basketball/recruiting/Article/Clemson-Providence-Houston-Iona-Jonas-Aidoo-update-149816301/

1 Like