2021 offers

Being a stud from out of state always brings a smile and a nice victory for CKS and co.

If we get Arm, Smith & Walker
 Do we go for a SG if Grimes declares for the draft and opens up a ship :thinking:

They may just leave a ship open for a high impact transfer
 not having an open spot probably cost them with some of the better transfers this offseason.

That’s my thinking. We really don’t need another guard if everyone comes back for 2021.

there is like a 5% chance total grimes comes back for his senior year

we’ve also put a lot of stock into players we havent seen yet
mark shead & tyson i hope are all great but you never know till the lights come on

the 2 highest rated guards in the aac guards last year didnt even make all freshman
 (top 50 recruit zach harvey at cincy, top 30 recruit boogie ellis at memphis) harvey had an almost bust like season last year, even though they are expecting a huge leap this coming year

we wont know if we need to bring in another guard till a few games into the season

but immdiate eligibility transfers starts next season
tulsa HC is banking on that for a big part of their recruiting as he expects a MASSIVE transfer pool
will be smart to keep a couple schollies on hand

1 Like

I’m putting zero stock in Tyson.

I agree that Grimes probably won’t come back.

2 Likes

Grimes will not be back

I would tend to agree on Tyson; but I would like to be proven wrong in this case.

1 Like

I think we are headed for a crazy transfer portal next offseason. Recruits committing without visiting the school or meeting the staff in person is a recipe for disaster.

2 Likes

Hope Tyson is a guy who can stretch the D and hit a couple threes per game. He is a Sampson type player in how hard he plays.

Unless injured Grimes will have a big year and be a first rd pick.

Don’t forget that all student-athletes get a free year of eligibility this year whether they’re playing or not. This is like a redshirt year for everyone.

1 Like

Tyson shot 43% from 3 on nearly 8 attempts per game as a true freshman for a D1 program (albeit the very bottom of D1). Every time folks on here are down on him I remind myself of that.

2 Likes

I don’t know if they are going to do that for hoops. It’s just for fall sports right now.

That’s fall sports I believe

1 Like

People defend Tune when I think he’s an average QB but people seem fine down talking Tyson.

1 Like

Football :football: only.

That’s called opinions UH2020 not hating on UH2020.

Basketball is considered a Winter Sport per NCAA Guidelines not Spring sport!!
W. Volleyball, Football, M/W cross country , M/W Soccer, Field Hockey are all considered Fall sports.
M/W Basketball, M/W Hockey all fall into Winter Sports.

the only recruit we are heavily recruiting that im hoping we land is Jonas Aidoo (ore getting thomas to re-commit)
 not as big on the rest
id honestly prefer to save the rest for transfers

random but i made a bold prediction 2 years ago, i still holding onto that prediction
i said antoine davis will follow his dad but realize he cant reach the nba in Detroit and transfer back to houston his senior year
his draft stock is sinking by the year, detroit is actually getting worse each year and davis is still extremely close to the houston staff
liking the projection of that prejection lol (this isnt some insider take, just me throwing stuff on the wall hoping it sticks)

Never having seen him play, I don’t have anything on which to evaluate Tyson other than he is someone CKS thought well enough of to bring hem here. That’s good enough for me.

2 Likes