2021 offers

looks like all most aau events are being cancelled…that will make recruiting this year very interesting
at this point in time we are normally recruiting a bunch of no names, who blow up in recruiting in their junior season aau. The majority of aau events are alreadycancelled,… assuming its not rescheduled to have a super late aau season, .a lot of kids arent going to “blowup” this year… if you love stars this might not be a great year for you. but it present a great opportunity to get a lot of underrated kids this year.

Tramon mark was ranked 230th before his last aau season. we’ve lost out on a lot of players becuase they blew up in aau and their offers got too big (kentucky, kansas, unc etc…)…the reverse is also true, alot of guys get exposed in high level aau, and lose rankings…some “fake” touted guys might not be exposed this year

I trust Kelvin and Kellen (and the other staff members). They’re getting really good at finding the OKG players who are ready and willing to be coached the way CKS coaches. That’s a big reason why I think Wichita State had a mass exodus…WSU had to take a runner on a number of young kids that just didn’t fit the culture well. Hopefully they’ll find the right kids (and not at the expense of stealing one of our recruits) and can rebound from today.

3 Likes

Kellen posted on Twitter that even though they can’t get out to see the kid’s on the recruiting trail to not worry and just send them their stats and highlights to his Twitter account. He is getting bombarded with tweets from players from all over the country wanting to get UH to check them out. Some very impressive highlight reels from some of the high schoolers

4 Likes

That’s friggin great when good players are asking to be considered by UH. Seems to me this is a win,-win situation for the school and program!

1 Like

https://twitter.com/theJayfrancis10/status/1245915233358499840

PF/C Javier Francis - Westbury Christian

Francis would be a much needed lift under the rim.

1 Like

So we have officially offered the two best players from the Greater Houston Area in Francis and Walker. They both attended the last game of the season against Memphis at the FC.

3 Likes

It’s always good to get them on campus as quickly as possible. Develop the one-on-one and get that face time.

2 Likes

PF/ C Sir Isaac Herron (Lamar)

Staff has been on him the most it seems.

2 Likes

UH will likely have around 5 ships open and that’s including Grimes. So the 2021 class could be big on HS talent and maybe dip on the graduate transfer portal a year from now. The Houston area may not be the strongest but we’re are in early and in good shape with the top 2 players in the city.

The players who will be seniors in 2020-21 are Jarreau, Gorham, White, and Gresham. Unless some Junior or below leaves, we will only have 4 'ships to give. On the other hand, usually someone leaves early, transfers, or drops off.

Did you even read my post lol.

1 Like

https://247sports.com/player/daimion-collins-46083516/

Not looking good for Collins. I know 247 isn’t always right but this is the first change in what schools are warm.

Unfortunate…This kid is a solid big man who can score too.

Arkansas, OU, BAMA?

You’d think a small town kid like this would have more interest in a CKS.

He’s going power 5 and probably 1 or 2 and done.

Sadly, power 5 does a play a role in most of the 5 stars still in basketball :grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:

2 Likes

With the caveat that I have not researched anything about this kid, if he’s really a 6’8", 190 pound center, he’s either going to need to develop guard or wing skills (if he hasn’t already) to change positions or put on a few inches and/or 40 pounds to be a center in the NBA.

He will definitely be a PF/C with his defensive ability. He blocks anything close to him and changes a lot of shots. He will definitely have to add weight but he is still a Jr.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/JucoRecruiting/status/1251644393557307396

10.4 Pts/g 6.9 Reb/g 2.1 Blk/g

1 Like

The kid can run for being a 7’0!

1 Like

NICE!!! Get it done.