2021 Schedule

Even if there are no longer any covid restrictions at all…we are still looking at maybe 30,000 in attendance at NRG.

1 Like

this is the WEAKEST schedule we’ve had maybe ever… worst combination of noncon and conference schedule we’ve ever had…i can only think of 1 other debatable recent year …every non conference is terrible, then we avoid all the conference heavyweights

there is no preseason top 50 on the schedule, only 2 top 70…meaning 10 of our 12 scheduled games are preseason projected outside of the top 70

it legtimately doesnt matter who we line up, 8 wins or less is terrible …even a 9 win season is projecting we lose 1 game to a terrible team

also at uconn in November is a terrible add,

10 Likes

The UCONN add was out of necessity after Boise backed out of this years game.
We can want to add anybody we want but if they aren’t willing to do so then we have to take what we can get .

5 Likes

Yes, their halftime show will be awesome to see!

3 Likes

Yeah this is a CDH saves his butt schedule by saying, “hey look at our 9 wins, and ignore how crappy the losses were especially against teams with those things called ‘pulses’ or ‘talent’”

Seriously though, that home slate is a slap in the face to season ticket holders who many will be generous and renew at full price. Season tickets should legit be starting at like 50 bucks for this slate. I also feel sorry for season tickets marketing and sales folks are in the athletics group right now. There is just so little to sell to those of us who are not die hards.

7 Likes

I look forward to some wins in football.

Let’s best who’s on the schedule.

No complaints here.

1 Like

Beauty must be in the eye of the beholder because the schedule looks great to me. The Tulane game sets up a road trip to NOLA. A few years back, we rolled into NOLA on Thursday to experience the Falcons game on Thursday night, UH vs Tulane Friday night, and then visited Baton Rouge for the LSU vs Florida matchup with Leonard Fournette and I think both teams were undefeated. Need to see how the stars align this fall.

4 Likes

But…but… we have a vaccine !!!

Then don’t buy !

1 Like

maybe its a kickoff game with a sponsor tied in with the Texas Bowl folks?

3 Likes

Why do we play Rice anytime, much less @Rice.

And don’t give me that crap about… its like another home game !!

3 Likes

Hey, trip to NYC see the Thanksgiving Parade and then trip up to UCONN for the game

5 Likes

No, because just like you, my family and I buy season tickets to support the program but I’d also like to be able to tell my friends to buy in for whatever reasons. I don’t have those this year.

This year is going to be an exceptionally hard sell to fence sitters anyways, and this schedule does the schools no favors for increasing or even maintaining sales.

1 Like

Win and they will come

2 Likes

Well, I think we talked to Bama, ND, USC, Michigan, ut, Aggies, Ohio State, etc, and they all either didn’t want to play or wanted a one and done at their place which of course would not do anything for our season ticket sales.

We are in a weak conference and it is what it is.

Hell, when we were in a P5 ( or as close as the SWC was), attendance wasn’t worth a damn even then.

Either you are a Coog Fan or you are not.

Personally, I believe UH attendance problems for football are related to entirely other issues which I will not address as I like reading this site :sunglasses:!

7 Likes

In moderate numbers depending on the opponent, day of week, and time of day and year !

I guess relative to the UConn game, It should be played here at that time of year.

100%

Only five games at home in TDECU. Memphis on Thanksgiving week. There isn’t even a pulse in this schedule. Tech and Memphis are the only teams that may move the needle, but are unknowns at this point.

Nine wins is the absolute floor in my eyes for Holgorsen to prove he belongs here.

1 Like

texas tech is projected to be horrendous next year…

memphis, tulsa and smu are the 3 projected best teams on the schedule…all 3 are going through massive rebuilds …

1 Like

This schedule is a 10 win schedule. Time to deliver.

4 Likes