2021 Transfer Portal

I think style of play helps too as someone mentioned for Bama. They play fast and shoot a ton of 3s.

1 Like

Bingo!

Thks Mike. Btw my post had nothing to do on what he needs to do to improve on in certain areas. I thought he did good job coming in as the lone freshman getting consistent mins. It was more how I see him being most effective n also the words from CKS on how best t9 use TMark.

2 Likes

I think what Jess meant to typed was that Mark can be more effective playing the point guard position instead of being just a shooting guard in the future just like Deeky did for Coach Sampson. Both lanky and similar in size. I think Mark is the better natural scorer, tho.

1 Like

Tramon Mark is going to be our point guard. There’s a reason CKS had him spending so much time with Deeky as soon as he got to campus.

4 Likes

How is Arkansas going to keep all these dudes happy??

https://twitter.com/jeffborzello/status/1380551651572994049?s=20

https://twitter.com/IAm_Lykesdat/status/1379815011405676547?s=20

Who knows, not sure how a 5’7 guard fits in their plans either

Very quick and a good shooter
 Fits in their run and gun style

I am not sure how he fits in but the little guy for UCLA gave Gonzaga fits the entire game

@Joprior23 n MrBeast explained my position w TMark much better than I did. Nothing to do with how well adapted from H.S. to College ball more on best way to use him going frwd. He can be much more effective w ball in his hands then trying to come off ball screens for jump shot etc.
We just need someone to replace Grimes :thinking: and should be very good again next year.

2 Likes

Agreed.

Geez Musselman is cleaning up

Folks Sampson is never going to run a program based on taking a bunch of transfers every year. He’ll recruit his type guys via High School and Juco and get them in his program mold them into what he wants, sure he’ll take an occasional transfer but he don’t be using it like a Musselman. .

3 Likes

I don’t think we are asking CKS to run it like that be to clear. This thread is about the transfer portal. Also if you don’t think he would take one of the high level transfers for one year you are kidding yourself. Any high level coach is competitive and will take the talent if they are a good fit.

Are we talking about
Jarreau (UMass)
Gorham (Towson)
Grimes (Kansas)
Gresham (UMass)
Chaney (Arkansas)
and Tyson (Idaho)?
(forgot the new transfer from UConn - Carlton)

5 Likes

I was about to say that there were times that the entire lineup was transfers.

5 Likes

Yup. The only guys that got real minutes last year that weren’t transfers was Sasser, Mark, White.

I do think the greater our profile is the less we will depend on transfers.
It is just real difficult when so many players are leaving early creating holes in the roster.

We signed two high schoolers in 2019, three in 2020, then three again in 2021. Sampson would love to get three again in November.
That is:
Sasser
Roberts
Mark
Powell
Shead
Walker
Armbrester
Francis

That is where he is going.then you fill in
When a player transfers out.

Yup. We have found a good balance of high school kids and transfers. Hopefully the high school kids work out so we don’t have to hit the portal that often.