2022 Case Keenum Thread - Houston Texans back home where he belongs

Garrett was out with a concussion from last week

3-2 would be incredible judging by how conservative their offense seems to be. Iā€™d imagine Case would have to either keep winning or putting up healthy stats before they try Bridgewater

The final was The Vikings 33 - 16 over the Browns.

Keenum is No. 7 is Total QBR according to ESPN. Heā€™s played outstanding all year.

3 Likes

So fun to see Case winning in NFL

1 Like

This is a big win for Case. Keep in mind that he was playing ā€œChessā€ with his ex DC from last seasonā€™s Rams.
This must be highly satisfying for him. Zimmer pointed out how great he played in the second half. The Browns are a bad Team on offense but have a stout defense. Having a bye will give needed rest to a lot of their players. Does that mean Bradford starts again or Bridgewater? From watching or listening to NFL ā€œpunditsā€ they canā€™t wait for them to take Caseā€™s place. The lack of respect toward Case is disturbing. It is as if Case canā€™t do anything right. You almost feel like that they ā€œcircleā€ around to put down Case. What the hell is that about? I pointed it out before but how many so called superstars or 1st rounders have bad games today? You want to criticize Case the way you do? Do it evenly for every QB out there.

5 Likes

Highlights for those who want to see them.

1 Like

If yā€™all arenā€™t watching the Vikings every week then you are missing out. Not only for Keenum but for the effort put forth by the Vikings defense. Also, we are finally getting to see Case throw to some receivers that can catch and a line that can pass and run block.

3 Likes

They look good! Very awesome to see that for Case!!!

Side note: The NFL is a bunch of haters. We canā€™t watch that clip on the thread, I have to go to the full YouTube site. I have YouTube Tv ( Highly recommend BTW) and I canā€™t watch the games on my phone. NFL = haters. Hahaha :sweat_smile:

Wow Case had 6 awesome throws in that video, most 3rd down conversions under pressure and 2 nice TDs.

Iā€™d like to comb through all these videos and combine all of Caseā€™s highlights in one. Not sure if it would be allowed on utube with how strict their rights seem to be

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/925048665785368576

5 Likes

The fact that he was playing against his ex-Rams DC is a huge win for Case. Of all the Teams that he has faced so far this year this win is for me his most rewarding. When you battle each day in camp or during training the DC knows almost every facet of your game.

This is cool. Remember when he first got into the league and reacting to pressure was his Achilles heel?

1 Like

http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/Family-Faith--Hidden-Heroes-Help-Case-Keenum-Lead-a-Huddle/7f50b137-ef11-4daf-918c-f81e922f6f1a

ā€œHeā€™s come in and helped us win ball games. Whether you thought of him as a second or third quarterback, that is the reality of it,ā€ Shurmur said. ā€œOver time, because you see it happen, you develop more and more trust that it is going to happen again. I think that is credit to him. Super pleased with what heā€™s been doing. [Heā€™s a very] competitive guy.

ā€œThe thing I like about Case is along the way, within a game or in a practice, a mistake may occur. Case will readily say, ā€˜Hey, thatā€™s on me,ā€™ and quickly find a solution, make the correction and move on fast,ā€ Shurmur continued. ā€œBecause heā€™s willing to do that, I think the players around him realize, ā€˜Hey, hereā€™s a guy thatā€™s trying to do the best he can, and we need to do the same.ā€

2 Likes

Itā€™s cool that other cities get to know Case, heā€™s truly a role model.

6 Likes

http://www.vikings.com/news/lunch-break/article-1/Lunchbreak-Keenums-Mobility-Key-to-Vikings-Success/9acf9fd4-bc0a-4c3c-bf19-64b82bfd6896?sf131804266=1

According to Ben Goessling of the Star Tribune, Keenumā€™s ability to move in and out of the pocket and extend plays with his feet has been an ā€œunderappreciated aspectā€ of the Vikings success through the first half of the season. Goessling wrote:

Keenumā€™s mobility, used to stress defensive coverages and create big plays downfield, has become a major part of the Vikings offense as the quarterback has put his stamp on the team during the first half of the 2017 season. According to Pro Football Focus, he is third in the league on throws outside the pocket, with a passer rating of 114.1.

Every time I browse the Vikings message board theyā€™re downplaying Case Keenum and his impact on their 6-2 season.

I know thatā€™s only natural as all sports fans are critical of their favorite team, but putting that aside, I would love to see the Vikes put in either one of the other QBs and see their season take a dive.

This article in their newspaper even reaches to negate any positives about Case Keenum. Itā€™s very frustrating to see him get so little appreciation when all he is doing is taking that team to new heights on easily one of the lowest salaries at his position.

All that being said Iā€™d like to see him on another team in 2018 if possibleā€¦ maybe Dallas or New England. If heā€™s going to be pigeon holed as a Cody Carlson insurance-type player, may as well be part of wildly successful or high profile programs.

He should sign a long-term deal as a back up at the end of this season. Case has shown that he came come in and do more than an admirable job in relief - he can actually go out and win some games for you. The top paid back up QBs make $4M-$6M a year. Caseā€™s agent has to be working overtime right now. I would expect Keenum to sign a long-term deal before the end of this season. My guess is the Vikings try to retain him in the $4.5M to $5M/yr range.

1 Like

I do like this scenario as long as Case is taken care of financially. But again Iā€™d love to see him under brighter lights of those two teams I mentioned earlier.

I just couldnā€™t care less of the Vikings as an organization after reading all their fans comments this season. I just need to develop thicker skin it seems.

1 Like

Keep in mind that NFLfans are generally likely to parrot what the ā€˜expertsā€™ say, so I doubt they will give him much credit.