2022 Case Keenum Thread - Houston Texans back home where he belongs

The Redskins greatly miss Vernon Davis. They have TE’s on their roster but they might as well be absent. Besides Laurin Case has no real “weapons” to use. The Redskins are offensively so irrelevant that Mr. Irrelevant was their leading receiver today. They started well running the ball (deluge conditions) but the missed field goal was a “killer” For a bad squad you need all the help that you need. Then Mr. Peterson fumbled the ball. For a bad squad turn-overs are even more damaging. The Redskins HC & OC basically threw the towel in the third and fourth quarter. The 49ers came back from halftime and opened the playbook. They were rewarded with nine points. The Redskins came back from half-time keeping the same plays. They were rewarded with a big zero. Case still does not look right. This shows everyone what they think of Haskins. Case is there to get hammered (sacked three times) If there was a game to have Haskins in this was today. mccoy has been sol. Something is up with this franchise. I feel that they are playing guys hurt.
So Case goes to his old neighborhood with an offense barely better than the Viking’s practice squad. You can already read Thursday’s headlines. He gets hammered by the Vikings defense and by the National press. zimmer will gloat for everyone to see. They will say again and again that his Viking season was a fluke. The ideal situation is for Case is to get traded this week. This dumpster is even worse than the Rams. Yes, it is that bad.

5 Likes

The Redskins play against the Vikings on Thursday.
All of the media is on Case’s back side. I have a couple of videos to post.

Click on the others.
The question that I have is. Why did Case do to deserve to play on such garbage Teams?
The media keeps saying he was on a great Team. The response that I have is NFC Championship game. Are these videos just made up of great plays just luck? One game may be. Two?, three…Only the future will tell us how far the Vikings will go. The fact is crystal clear. You play QB on a garbage Team? You have no chance to succeed. You can be sure of it. Case has proven this without a doubt. That my friends is crystal clear. I find it quite interesting that Teams that were close did not trade for Case. That is the answer that I would like to hear. Let’s not use the Broncos or Redskins. Both are garbage Teams. Think about it.
3 Likes

Couple tidbits about that game yesterday reported online -
2:38 long was the shortest game in 10 years.
Only 2nd time in 25 years a team covered the spread while being shutout - SF was a 9.5pt favorite.

To again bring up the Oilers corollary with Steve McNair’s rookie year in 1995

His first two starts were home vs the Jets and at Buffalo.
If Haskins likely takes over after this upcoming Vikings game, his first two starts will be at Buffalo and home vs the Jets.

Take solace. The vet QB that McNair replaced went on to further great years including starting in the Super Bowl three years later. Case could duplicate that if the stars align

5 Likes

So is Case announced to start Thursday?

Yes, I haven’t seen anything that says he’s not. Case is hurt though. His foot and shoulder. They didn’t have him try any deep balls last week. He had one 19 yard completion and you could tell it was hard to get it there. He is wincing out there. Total guts and toughness. He took a couple hits last game, one a helmet on his chin and another sack from behind. I don’t know if there were any new injuries from the 49ers game. Hopefully the shoulder is better for Thursday so he can throw it. The majority fan base wants Haskins but Haskins either can’t handle the playbook or checkouts or they don’t want him to get hurt behind the horrible offensive line. Who knows what’s going on. But watching Keenum battle out there is inspiring, especially when he makes a play. They should have beat the 49ers, Peterson fumbled and the kicker missed an easy fg.

3 Likes

I actually heard 610 give Case something close to a compliment. They were discussing Jameis Winston and one of the hosts said he thinks Jameis is nothing more than a solid backup, like Keenum and Flacco (now in his career). Other host said Keenum has had success despite his lack of physical skill. If he had Winston’s physical tools to go along with his work ethic and football IQ he would be one of the best QB’s in the league.

3 Likes

I laughed when he said at the rate hes going he could be playing against his old team every week.

6 Likes

The Redskins beat writer posted this. Granted Callahan doesn’t make trades so Case could still be gone by 10/29. Otherwise looks like he’ll start at Minnesota and at Buffalo.

Then Haskins gets called for the lowly Jets.

https://twitter.com/JPFinlayNBCS/status/1186618307195080707

1 Like

I thought I saw that but pressure also appeared to keep longer pass routes from developing. Going back through his highlights and looking at the throw distances, people are wrong about a weak arm.

That said, I was not aware of a sore shoulder. Hope it isn’t major!!!

Haskins has so little college and much less nfl experience he is likely to get beat up worse than Case.

Please allow me to perpetuate “The Saloon Door Oline” is unhealthy for anybody, save Ward or D’Eric

2 Likes

anybody recording the game or will there be replays?

Keenum has been pretty decent so far. Got all the way to the 2 and couldn’t get it on. 3-3 tie

Skins driving here. Case several nice throws

Keenum out with a potential concussion. Haskins is at QB now.

dam, didn’t know why just saw haskins. Made it easy to flip the channel to the smoo game

Thanks Derek. I was wondering. I’m at the coog game.

2 Likes

Any news on Case?

Case is done for tonight officially. Got bell rung from a sack near the Vikes goal line near end of half.

Haskins threw an ugly pick his last drive in Vikes territory unfortunately

1 Like

Thanks. Was the pic from pressure? Lord knows Case was being pressured.

Actually no. Just a rookie level throw.

https://twitter.com/markbullocknfl/status/1187555513862672384

1 Like