2022 Case Keenum Thread - Houston Texans back home where he belongs

Wooah nelly. Going little too far with the Ring comment. They’re not good.

Keenum might play this week.

Great. Against the Steelers too. :roll_eyes: Well, can’t hide from competition. Hope he kills it!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.middletownpress.com/sports/amp/Browns-send-ill-Beckham-home-QB-Mayfield-15650483.php

Typical. If Case plays it will be with a somewhat star depleted team, but what else is new.

3 Likes

As the Cowboys have shown, Case is just one play away from starting.
His son looks like a QB!

2 Likes

Time to put in Case.
Mayfield is 4 for 10 with 2 picks ( and a pick six)

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1317909128937963523?s=21

7 Likes

I hope so, now I can watch them .

Browns play the Bengals next, we will see. I think Mayfield is hurt pretty bad with those ribs.

They said Baker will remain the starter. Everybody is talking trash about him today. He has only completed 7 passes in the 4th quarter this entire season! The thing is the Browns must have the easiest schedule in the NFL. Still get games against the Jets (0-6), Giants (1-5), Eagles (1-4-1), Jags (1-5), and Texans (1-5) with 3 of their current wins over teams with losing records.

1 Like

Very good point. Did you catch what Stefansky said after he was asked if Mayfield would start if healthy?
…I think…

Just that he would start if healthy?

If Baker does start, I think the leash will be considerably shorter. Regardless, even if Mayfield had been better the Browns would have still been beaten.

Yes if healthy, he will put in Mayfield. IMO Case was not signed as just an “insurance” policy especially with his “history” with Stefanski.

2 Likes

Best scenario for Case would be Mayfield playing poorly in the next two and the Browns losing, then in the bye week they make the switch to Keenum. That would set him up for some winnable games to start against the Texans, Eagles, and Jags.

1 Like

Maybe, but will the team have quit by then? I want to see what Case can do with Beckham giving 100%.

3 Likes

The Browns are “all in” They took the same salary cap approach as what the Rams did a couple of years ago for their Super Bowl run. The Bengals offer a perfect opponent for him to perform. Will he especially on the road?

Keenum just can’t catch a break. Baker goes on the reserve/Covid list, but because the Browns have a bye week, He most likely will be back for next week’s game against the Texans as long as he test negative

1 Like

As much as I would like to see Case start. I will not wish ill for Mayfield in order for that to happen – and neither would Case.

5 Likes