2022 Case Keenum Thread - Houston Texans back home where he belongs

Oh man… this is a good one. Kimberly mentioned. I teared up reading this. Knowing the connection I have my wife, and what must have been communicated with a look.

Her husband, lucky No. 7, made the state of Minnesota whole on this night – her husband and Diggs. Kimberly thought the Vikings might’ve had an outside shot at attempting a long-distance field goal with one more completion, but she knew the deal. Things looked grim. The Vikings held a 17-0 lead deep into the third quarter, and sure enough, they were going to blow another season. With Keenum scheduled to become a free agent, this shotgun snap from his own 39-yard line could have signaled the end of his charmed one-year run.

Kimberly was thinking some dark football thoughts before she caught herself in the seconds before that final play. “I believe in Case, always,” she said. “And I actually did think that. I stopped and said, ‘If the ball is in his hands, I know he can do something great with it.’”

4 Likes

How crazy would it be if the Vikings used the franchise tag on Keenum?

Was a good article but clearly didn’t understand what happened with Williams. WIlliams was playing safety but out of position to guard the sideline. When the ball was thrown, he made a move. The problem is, playing out of position he realized he was going to arrive too soon. You can be guaranteed the last thing the coaches told the defense was “don’t rough the QB and don’t get a pass interference.” Because of course that gives the offense one more play if time runs out. So Williams had to make a split second decision between playing the ball or getting out of the way. To his regret, he not only got out of the way, but he took out the other defensive back with him. Even with his big interception, that play will haunt him until the Saints make it back to the NFC championship game with him on the roster.

3 Likes

I think it’s the smart decision for them. That way, they can either keep him and see how he does for a year or they can trade him and get something back for him.

For Keenum, it’ll be a nice windfall as that’s a fully guaranteed one year salary.

Not sure if already posted but this is a good compilation of the reactions to the Minneapolis Miracle or Stone Skol Stunner:

https://twitter.com/Vikings/status/953641306441515008
(https://twitter.com/Vikings/status/953641306441515008)

9 Likes

MAN!!! I cannot give that enough likes. Goosebumps, joy, proud, a shot of adrenaline, and choked up all wrapped into one watching that and that still doesn’t give it justice.

1 Like

“Case Keenum give me a miracle” I wonder how many fans thought that before the play? Simply awesome to see Case affect so many people the way we all knew he could.

4 Likes

He has a terrific spouse.

2 Likes

I ran into them 2 1/2 years ago at the Old McDonald’s Farm on 1960. The party Case and Kimberly attended was leaving as my wife and I was getting ready for my Daughter’s 1st Birthday Party. Kimberly gave my wife 4 pizzas and then Case gave us the 5th pizza. I recognized him and called his name. We then shook hands an spoke briefly. I always remind my Daughter what the Keenums’ did that day! They saved me a trip that day as I was about to go and grab the same amount of pizzas that the Keenums’ gave to us. What awesome people Case and Kimberly are!

11 Likes

feb 17, its also my wedding anniversary

1 Like

This is really simple but it got me. It’s just the article Keenum wrote voiced over(guy sounds like John Lithgow) and ends with the Minnesota miracle. All most like it was meant to be

What people in the media totally missed what Diggs said. Tomorrow we will be in the fieldhouse doing squats.Fans will be celebrating all week but I would have bet big bucks that Keenum and Shumar were at the Minneapolis place at 6 am on Monday getting started for next week. And one more thing the guy who can’t give Keenum any credit is the one guy who has seen him the most of NFL guys Randy the Dandy who loves Dallas and said that Keenum threw up that last pass for grabs and was just lucky.

1 Like

Win or lose against Philly (unless it’s an embarrassing loss), Vikings management is going to have a tough time releasing Case. Look at the fan reaction to the win. Look at the streak. I think their only reasonable “out” is if Shurmur leaves and takes Case with him. But I doubt a new coach would have that much influence with a new team.

Realistically, Vikes are looking at their “top” 2 QB’s that are recovering from serious knee injuries. Furthermore, Vikes management can’t really control those QB decisions, only make offers and react. The win yesterday was huge for Case. Simply fantastic!

Wonder what kind of incentives Case has in his one-year contract? That could be really interesting,

1 Like

$250,000 for making the playoffs. He is getting $2,250,000 this year. In the universe of NFL pay the Vikings are getting a freebe at quarterback this year.

3 Likes

Not Keenum related but pretty awesome story, Vikings, fans help raise $100K for Saints punter's charity | kare11.com

Morstead is a good dude, and a local Houston guy. My buddy in the architecture school was a kicker for Dobie so they were good friends, and we met up with Tom after a home game against SMU. Later, his mom and my aunt worked together at BP for several years. The first time I went to an NFL game was when we got the BP suite at Reliant, and Morstead shows up (Saints were on bye week), so I get to watch the Texans beat the Titans, and Dre beat Finnegan, in the suite with an NFL player, and a good dude at that. Highly recommended as a way to take in a game.

3 Likes

“It’s pretty wild,” Foles said Wednesday. “But like I’ve said, Case’s success doesn’t surprise me because we were together, we prepared together and we were around each other every day.

"The big message is, no matter what happens, you have to keep believing and never give up.”

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/TomPenders/status/953757700705472512

2 Likes

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/01/17/case-keenum-eagles-vikings-nfc-championship-game?utm_campaign=sinow&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&xid=socialflow_twitter_si

He wants to save all of that for later, though. Truthfully, he’s already tired of talking about the play. Keenum knows he will be asked about it all week in the lead up to the NFC Championship Game against the Eagles, but he has moved on. He took Monday to enjoy and reminisce with teammates, just a little bit, mostly when they were hanging in the locker room or sitting in the cold tubs. Keenum says he hasn’t made a concerted effort to watch the play, not even once. But he still estimates he’s seen it more than 50 times, just because it has been interminably replayed on every TV he’s walked past for the last two days. He can’t escape it, even if he’d like to.

Ah, I remember days not so long ago when folks on this board were calling for Case to hang up the cleats and come back to UH as a coach. How quickly things can change!

6 Likes