3-3

We have three games left to win 3 games to have 6 wins? Do we have a chance to do it?

3 Likes

Absolutely, and I think we do exactly that !

8 Likes

Will be really tough with 2 on the road. All of our opponents are beatable but so are we. I’m guessing 4-5.

2 Likes

3 Likes

I believe so. We played well for 3.5 quarters yesterday. I think the kids will see what’s possible when they focus and play hard.

1 Like

3-0 is huge, possible, but not likely with 2 on the road in places we haven’t played well. But doable. 15% likely.

2-1 would be great to end with a winning record with 2 on the road in places we haven’t played well. 30% likely

1-2 is probably most likely with 2 on road and 1 at home against toss up games. 35% likely

0-3 would be a dissappointment with all games can go either way which we would lose 2 on road where we are not favored and get knocked off at home against a Tulsa team that can beat us at home. 20% likely.

Bottom line, winning is hard, much harder than losing and against conference foes who are evenly matched with 2 on the road.

1 Like

I think we can beat SMU and there should be plenty of red in the stands as there always is. They showed that they are beatable, hopefully we get back some of the guys that did not play yesterday. In addition, the USF win gave us some confidence. We are in a 6 way tie for second and if we beat SMU that will thin it down some as a few other 2 loss teams will fall.

2 Likes

Got to learn to play well in Dallas for we haven’t done well there under Major or Herman when we were favored the last two times. SMU should be favored this time. We are due, hopefully Dana finds the correct formulae. It would give us a huge boost to win there on the road and not favored under which may be their best team in recent years.

Possibly our momentum from USF and their blown game in Tulsa has Big Mo in our favor.

3 Likes

No. We’re gonna die. It’s gonna be ugly. I’ll use the 'rona excuse this time but… :unamused:

Major was incompetnt and TLC was looking at Austin. This game will be different.

2 Likes

Does road vs home really matter this year? There are so few if any fans in the stands, all games feel like a neutral site game.

3 Likes

It shouldn’t as much without the crowds. It would be interesting to see if home team vs road team winning percentages have changed much this year. But you still have travel and a bit of dissruption vs sleeping in your own bed and feeling maybe more comfortable in your own facilities. I am still guessing at guven the choice coaches and players would perfer to play at home versus being on the road. Ask them that after the season to get a truthful answer.

1 Like

For sure. I think that’s the bigger part of the advantage of playing at home.

1 Like

Did you come up with the percentages? Almost spot on with what Massey ratings has - 0 wins: 19.5%, 1 win: 39%, 2 wins: 31.3%, 3 wins: 10.2%

As for chance to win individual games:
SMU - 44%
Tulsa - 50%
Memphis - 41%

SMU is always hugely overrated. And we almost always play our worst game there.

1 Like

Things change.

Next Saturday things change in Dallas.

We’ve got the momentum. Hopefully the pounding we gave the bulls helps with getting more players to buy in.

1 Like

I agree. Road games shouldn’t matter this year. This might be the best season to win in Dallas since 2014…

1 Like

I think they’re more likely to go 0-3 than 3-0. Will hope for the best!

1 Like

Yes, we do