3-3

Temple and East Carolina are do able. We have to beat Tulsa, SMU or Memphis. The best chance is going to be against Tulsa. SMU is going to be very tough at their place and we have never done well in Memphis.

I feel like SMU has been hit by the injury bug, too. They have lost a lot of their receivers.

Next game up - SMU - my little pony time! Thinking of going up to Dallas.

1 Like

If it wasn’t for the virus, my guess is that we would be at 5-5, possibly 6-4. I believe we would have beaten Rice (4) and North Texas (5), and possibly Baylor (6). If we end the season with at least one more win over SMU, Tulsa or Memphis, it would have given us a minimum 6-7 record, or 7-6 record. Anything more than one win the rest of the way would represent a notable improvement over last season and give us hope for the future. Yes, it’s based on a what-if scenario, but this has been a most unusual season so using a little imagination works for me.

3 Likes

We have had four fabulous victories in greater Dallas. Two cotton Bowls, Penn State, and the greatest comeback victory (Pitt) that I have ever seen. We really cooged Pitt.

1 Like

I was at those Cotton Bowl games. The victory over Pitt was among the best wins in school history.

2 Likes

But it was in Fort Worth, not Dallas.

4 Likes

You mean, Penn State with Case Keenum at QB? That was at the Cotton Bowl.

1 Like

If it wasn’t for the virus, Baylor wouldn’t be on the schedule

2 Likes

I thought Ft Worth was in Dallas😎!

3 Likes

Ft Worth to me is better than Dallas.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Yes. I think Fort Worth was like Spring Branch and Dallas just grew around it. Swallowed it up!!.

1 Like

Yes, you are correct. Misplaced modifier. Pitt was in Fort Worth.

Yes. My omission. Pitt was in Fort Worth.

1 Like

The virus giveth and the virus taketh away.

You are kidding, right? Fort Worth was more like Galveston in that Dallas still has a long, long way to go and many other towns to go through before approaching their outer city limits.

We only lost to SMU 34-31 lasst year when we had zero defense and were playing a patchwork OL due to injuries. I like our chances.

3 Likes

Well I wont be kidding when Beijing has 160,000,000, L.A. reaches Palm Springs and Smithville is the “Heart of the Megalopolis”!.