46er event news

Hunter taking questions

60 and the 76 court side seats in the Fertitta center sold.

Asked the crowd is they remember last years event. He promised a win against Oklahoma. Asked CMA what he should promise this year…“we’ll win them all”

Applewhite:
1.2 million raised between The Huddle and 46ers in two years. Money goes to facilities, For Real Friday’s

Feels that the strength of the team is DL and WR. He understands the young WR need to step up to help. And believes the OL has improved from what he saw in the spring.

Going to let the QBs compete. No preference on either at the moment.

Asked about who will be a break out player and said he doesn’t know. “Wait to see when the put the pads on”

2-3 deep in RB. Mulbah got better but he’s wants more from him.

Everyone should be back and healthy at the start of fall practice. Few will need to be monitored.

Talked about the headgear they recently got a deal with. Wants to protect the players. “Giving a player a ball is like throwing meat to a dog, better to keep them safe.”

Team meeting room complete this 25th. 4 new treadmills.

4 Likes

Good info.Thanks!

I asked CMA about Bryan Jones not being on the roster, but I said I didn’t expect much detail. “He’s waiting on some eligibility”

1 Like

Thanks, Eric, good info.

Really feel that King can win the job if given a fair shake.

2 Likes

That’s who I’m pulling for too.

1 Like

Report from the event from a buddy of mine. He said that Applewhite is a combo of Levine and Herman. Which I think is interesting take because I thought Hermans Schtcik was getting old. I also thought that Levine should have never been hired. I am hopeful that Applewhite will do well but only this season will tell.

2 Likes

Hopefully it’s the positives of each-Levine’s talent evaluation skills and Hermans culture.

3 Likes

And Levine’s honesty and class.

1 Like

The only reason Levine is remembered fondly is because he was fired and did not leave us for a higher position. If Levine had left us for the Big 12, you guys would not be commenting on his honesty and class, he would be a snake just like Herman and Sumlin.

No. Levine’s behavior was always upstanding. He still is. Even if he had left he would have handled it properly instead of lying and bailing on his team. He was never a shameless self promoter.

1 Like

Winning never gets old…

I guess I don’t see Major as being a mix of the two. Major seems like he can talk the intacacies of football and playcalling for hours which I’m not sure we’ve had in a head coach since Briles. He also seems to be very forthcoming and direct in his expectations, but not flashy at all unlike Herman and Sumlin. From what I’ve heard from practice reports, he’s not afraid to get in your face, unlike Levine, but also cares about these guys that he won’t push them to the point of total exhaustion and potentially damage their health. Kids also seem to love him and the high school coaches do as well which we probably haven’t seen since Yeoman.

I think Major will be his own man…hopefully that man is successful.

3 Likes