50 Million Donation announced at Board Meeting

Also posted on Academic Excellence forum, but wanted more visibility of this amazing gift. Contingent on matching donations of like sum, but after success of Billion Dollar campaign, have confidence. Amazing times.

13 Likes

Anonymous is one of my favorite people of all time.

15 Likes

Just got an e-mail from UH about this outstanding contribution. They did a good job of asking for participation in the matching contribution effort without actually asking for a contribution. Gotta love it. Go Coogs! :joy:

2 Likes

So UCF and Memphis got 30 each and we get 50? We’re the best and us as Donors are the best. Thank you to whomever donated that and other gifts if you’re reading.

7 Likes

Just doing what I can.

13 Likes

You’re welcome, guys!

Edit: Beaten like Rice

3 Likes

I met him once.

3 Likes

We have to name something after this person…Anonymous Field?

7 Likes

Agree…well written letter. Time to pony up a little again.

3 Likes

Build a statue dedicated to the unknown donor. Perhaps in the likeness of Mattress Mac holding up a fistful of dollars. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

He is a Longhorn.

1 Like

Greg Fluguar is very optimistic about the future of UH and thinks a P5 invite is inevitable!

https://twitter.com/i/redirect?url=https%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2Fi%2Ftopics%2Ftweet%2F1164640625133785088%3Fcn%3DZmxleGlibGVfcmVjc18y%26refsrc%3Demail&t=1+1566522940615&cn=ZmxleGlibGVfcmVjc18y&sig=475665fd94bedec7b9ba0266274cf640553e191a&iid=cf7d1362ccdb4e949f796f8d4990620c&uid=2486348527&nid=244+272699393

4 Likes

I don’t put much faith in him. He makes tall claims about having inside information, but is more often wrong than right.

Until you start seeing “rumors” and “recommendations” on ESPN, it’s all wishful thinking and guesses.

1 Like

True…but he is affiliated with the B1G 10 (alum I believe) but posted something VERY positive about the University of Houston. The more exposure we get…the better!

4 Likes

His 2000 followers are all g5 people like me hoping he says their school is moving up
Edit: I don’t follow him

He doesn’t have to post anything about UH on his Twitter feed. I believe he is an alum of Minnesota. I applaud any positive news we get versus the elitist P5 crap.

2 Likes

The realignment rumor mill favorites is all about who is saying the nice things about us. Right now, that’s Flugar if he was down on us and the Dude was high on us we’d be singing Dude’s praises. Really it’s all nonsense until something actually happens,

Rock, it’s only elitist while we aren’t in the club. If we get in I’d predict our tune is going to change quite a bit about the P5.

4 Likes

I would still think it is unfair and counterproductive, but I would be glad we were on the rich side of the tracks.

You have to hand it to Renu, she is the best at fund raising.

5 Likes

Whether Flugar’s comments are correct or not, they are good for UH’s image in the B1G world.

5 Likes