#6 NEVADA LOST

Nevada loses to SDSU, Cougars should move up in the poll.

3 Likes

Remaining regular season schedule:

Duke plays Virginia Tech, North Carolina.
Virginia plays Louisville twice.
Kentucky plays Tennessee.
Tennessee plays LSU, Kentucky.
Michigan plays Michigan State twice, Maryland.
North Carolina plays Florida State, Duke.

Houston needs to win their last 5 games and the AAC tournament, should get a 2 seed or higher.

1 Like

1 seed at dis rate.

3 Likes

The schedule shown above would indicate other teams above us will likely fall and we will move up in the rankings. We’re looking more like a #2 seed by the end of the season, assuming we take care of business.

3 Likes

Imagine if Duke loses at Syracuse and we take care of business against USF on Saturday, UH would pass them up :slight_smile::blush::grin:

1 Like

I actually doubt that, MSU lost 3 in a row vs unranked teams and still remained ahead of us, Duke is very highly regarded and beat Virginia twice, they would have to lose like 3 or 4 more for us to pass them up

3 Likes

I think we will peak at 7 or 8. I don’t think we will get higher than that. Truthfully, if we get to 7 I will be ecstatic.

2 Likes

Coach K had 39 minutes to figure out how to win without Zion in the lineup. At home. If he returns, they are still the ones to beat, but without him, they are still potentially great, but not the nearly invincible team they are with him. Let’s see how they adjust, as that kid doesn’t owe them squat. Sit out, rehab the knee, get some of that shoe money Duke collects.

2 Likes

Zion has an $8 million insurance policy that Duke pays for. If the injury is serious, they
should go after Nike. But Duke looked average without Zion, losing at home by 16, most of the game
it was 20+.

Duke is slightly better than a mid level ACC team without Zion. You could see the impact of him sitting with fouls for a couple of longish stretches against State on Saturday night and that game was in Durham.

1 Like

So glad we are not defined by one single person. But it also makes you realize how darn good that Zion kid is.

1 Like

I think their other 4 guys are freshmen.

1 Like

This might be a bit of an overstatement. They still have 2 guys who may be drafted in the top 5 picks, and I suspect that the rest of their lineup consists of highly regarded recruits. They were shellshocked last night. I suspect that they’re still markedly better than Wichita St.

1 Like

Misread your post. Thought you meant AAC team. My mistake.

1 Like

If Minnesota can beat Michigan tonite it can be a very good week for the Cougars.

CKS said on his radio interview that he doesn’t think we are the 8th best team in the country. I will let it go at that.

Nevermind, Minnesota sux.

1 Like

Probably thinks we’re the best. You have to have that mentality as a coach & player.

My question is, can we be a 2 seed if we win AAC tournament but lose @ Cincinnati in last regular season game?

I think but we have to win conference tournament.