6th Man of the Year in the AAC, who's got a shot next year?

What UH bench player could be 6th Man of the Year in AAC next season? (we’ve had 2 before: Armoni & Dejon)
  • J’Wan Roberts
  • Kiyron Powell
  • Jamal Shead
  • Taze Moore
  • Josh Carlton
  • Ramon Walker
  • Robbie Armbrester
  • Ja’Vier Francis

0 voters

1 Like

I’m going with Miller Kopp!! Ooops nevermind.

1 Like

Ouch. That hurts me.

1 Like

I’m going to go with Taze Moore.

2 Likes

Or bust

1 Like

I would still have the other guards in the poll for those who believe Mark or Edwards may come off the bench.

I understand what you mean, but Edwards has played in a Final Four & has started 57 games in his career. I see him being the starting PG next year. Sasser being the starting SG. Mark, had moments last season (vs Memphis, vs Rutgers, etc) that would project him to be the starting SF next season. I think Tramon’s goal this upcoming year is be a starter and play 30 minutes per game. In my opinion, I don’t see Taze Moore or the incoming freshman surpassing him for the starting spot.

All good reasons but still are all YOUR projections.

I am not arguing the other side just that each perspective should be represented.

Kyler Edwards coming off the bench. Lmfao. :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

I have a question about the award itself. Is there a limit to the number of games a player can start and still be eligible for it? For instance, i think Carlton will start at least a handful of games at the 5 because of match ups but Chaney might be considered our actual starter. Could possibly see a similar thing with Tazewell, Edwards, and Mark where one of the three gets rotated out of the starting lineup depending on how the year goes.

Great question, based on past winners:

Armoni Brooks: 17-18 season (only started 1 gm that season)

Dejon Jarreau:18-19 season (never started that season)

Martins Igbanu: 19-20 season (started 12 of 31 games)

Boogie Ellis: 20-21 season (started 15 of 28 games)

Since it’s an AAC award, I would assume it’s based on Conference play stats. Since Carlton is a grad transfer, I could definitely see him becoming the starter by mid season and Chaney coming off the bench. If there’s 18 conference games, you probably can’t start more than 6 to be considered 6th man, is my guess (33% or less)

Fair point about the conference games mattering more. That said Boogie started 7 of 15 conference games for Memphis this year, so maybe as long as you under 50% you’re eligible.

1 Like

His defense sux and doesn’t fit our culture, so no.

You obviously didn’t get the intended pun. Also can you explain the word ‘sux’ not familiar w it.