80s famous team

I don’t see how racist aggies or whorns would affect attendance at UH games in the 60s and 70s. Would they have attended if they weren’t racist? I think not. Did their slander keep others from attending? I think only if the others were racist too, in which case they probably wouldn’t attend anyway.

1 Like

Many racist aggies and horns not only didn’t attend UH games but told their kids, family and friends that UH was located in a ghetto and they wouldn’t be safe visiting the campus or attending any sporting events. I think it clearly had a negative effect on our attendance.

2 Likes

Told? John Lopez was on the air on 610 saying that just a couple of years ago. Angered Andre Ware so much that he called in and ripped Lopez on air.

Sadly, I’ve seen a number of older Coogs say they won’t go attend games because of where UH is located. Unfortunately, that opinion does travel around.

2 Likes

I was on my way to work when I heard Ware ripping into Lopez…instant Classic! Funny how they were backpedaling…!

2 Likes

Obviously you did not comprehend my message. Our sales force did not attend the games, but did have FREE tickets to do so. They did not give those tickets out to their customers because they did not like the fact that UH had minority players. This was just one business in Houston. I know for a fact that this one business did not pass out 36 or more tickets for each home game. Wonder how many other salesmen in the Houston area did something similar ? ? ? ? ?

OK. I get it now. middle school behavior if you ask me.