A TASTE OF HOLGORSEN'S OFFENSE

I know Case was great in CDH’s offense. I’ve got to believe as good as Case was (and he is one of my all time favorite Cougars) looking over what CDH wants to do on offense got believe King can be as good, if not better. He is more mobile and I believe has an equal arm and that is saying a lot.

8 Likes

Really about making the right reads and decisions. Plenty of players have had more talent than Case and not been as good. I do believe King has a chance to be right there at the top of our list when he leaves.

4 Likes

Did I just see the 1 career highlight, memorialized forever, for the enigma aka A.J. Dugat?

I think he did have 1 TD?

2 Likes

Man we were stacked at WR that year.

1 Like

I loved that little flip play where Case would fake and just flip the ball behind him on a jet sweep.

5 Likes

I know we are looking at the game clip, but how about the excitement of Tom Franklin…I miss that guy!!

10 Likes

Lil Flip will actually be at the cage rage so you could see him again

5 Likes

Man I miss watching Carrier play. So glad he came home to coach…

Our offense will be gang-busters… if we can get the defense to improve, it won’t be a bad year a’tall.

7 Likes

CDH’s misdirection plays were the best I had ever seen…Case was a master at hiding the ball, and these plays were mesmerizing to any true fan of football.
THIS…my friends, is gonna be FUN !!!
:smiley:

5 Likes

I agree about Case’s handling the ball that’s why I loved watching the flip/fly. Can King adapt and be as deceptive?

3 Likes

He still does that play pretty well in the NFL…I worry though one time he is going to get blown up while facing backward…but I guess his reads are good enough for that not to happen

4 Likes

Can’t wait to see what Coach Carrier can do with Marquez Stevenson’s speed. Those two guys both had that extra gear. A little daylight and no one’s catching them.

7 Likes

I hope we’re not setting unrealistic expectations.
This is really going to be the product of the co-offensive coordinators Marquel Blackwell (whose entire background is coaching running backs) & Brandon Jones (whose background is coaching the offensive line).
Just as the offense of the last few years at West Virginia was Jake Spavital’s.
Just as the offense of last year’s Cougars was Kendall Briles.
We don’t know what Blackwell and Jones will create.
I think CDH already said he will NOT be calling plays.

2 Likes

Virtually dead certain that I saw Holgerson give an interview during which he said that he would be the play caller.

9 Likes

Holgerson will be call plays.

7 Likes

CDH said he is calling the plays!

6 Likes

OK - I misunderstood re the play calling. That’s good to know!

1 Like

Seeing this offense click, I know we have weapons this year, it brings back up the question,
what will be the first play CDH will pull out of the bag on offense? A lot of interesting plays run
that game, I know it was Rice, but still well run plays.

CDH knows where to find the seams and holes. That’s why his run game is so effective.

2 Likes

Holgorsen is way more flexible than Leach on adapting his Air Raid, and he runs much more. He also uses lots of motion that Leach rarely ever uses.

4 Likes