A TASTE OF HOLGORSEN'S OFFENSE

Just thinking the same thing myself. Great voice!

2 Likes

I think the receivers we have coming back are just as good as what Case had, and as much as I love
Case, I think King is the real deal, together with these weapons, the offense will move the ball.

And in case you did not know, Texas had there 1 and 2 RB’s hurt and are having to use freshman. Our UT transfer would be starting if the season was today.

1 Like

No doubt the offense will be special if we stay healthy obviously. If the defense can do enough, we can still win alotta games.

2 Likes

They are when they catch the ball. Last year we had a terrible case of the dropsies.

4 Likes

If we have anyone as good and fast as Edwards and Carrier, I’m looking forward to seeing them. Stevenson was close, but he still has time to catch up.

5 Likes

And Vincent Marshall…

3 Likes

I really miss Tom Franklin calling the games. Dude had fire. I will say that King is as talented physicaly as Keenum but football awareness no way.

5 Likes

The one thing that Case had that I have not seen in other QB’s at UH, is the ability to throw a receiver open. He was a master at it.

Maybe CDH can instill that ability in King.

2 Likes

Keenum: The Man have Eyes behind his back, and Wheels to roll at a moment’s notice!

2 Likes
3 Likes

I’ve seen King do this a few times. Unfortunately, most of the times it happened last year, the WR dropped the ball. Case was a master at threading the needle over the middle. He seemed to be able to throw the ball into a 1 foot x 1 foot window anytime he wanted. Just over the heads of LBs and just underneath converging safeties and trailing CBs. King has a very accurate deep ball and has a stronger arm than Case, but Case was the overall most accurate college QB I’ve ever seen.

7 Likes

Out of curiosity, I compiled the following from his five seasons at WVA (excluded Sun Belt and FCS):

2 Likes

And the OU scores against WVA?

I sure hope this DC is better…

3 Likes

They Don’t! So just sit down.

Drag routes across the field and rb screens. Both would give us big yardage several times a game.

2 Likes

My favorite are the dig routes… virtually unstoppable if executed correctly…

1 Like

Opposite is true! Coach Holgorsen already said he will be calling plays!

1 Like

I have to admit that the “slight of hand” plays are my favorites…they may not be as productive as the crosses, drag and dig routes, but are super FUN when they work.
:smiley:

Best video with Tom Franklin In it is the highlights from the game at Tulsa which I think was 2009 or around then

1 Like

And his receivers would catch whether on the shoe laces, over the shoulder, stop and pivot, yards after the catch!

1 Like