AAC Basketball Games - Week of Jan 12th

Mem-Cincy Jay Bilas on the call was absolutely bewildered by the refs on several occasions and he usually keeps it pretty PC.

2 Likes

Updated standings. Would be nice to had the Shockers their first home loss this season but it will be tough.

And they updated the TV for the games tomorrow:

Tough is an understatement I think. I’m just hoping we don’t get embarrassed up there like we did a couple of seasons ago and can keep it respectable.

We’ve been getting pretty good tv time as a league. I think the ESPN contract is helping basketball more than football honestly.

5 Likes

Good post 997! I was thinking the same thing when I initially saw that conference schedule for this week. I think it also helps that the games have been very competitive throughout, with only a few blowouts.

Hopefully we can buck that trend and start doling out some beatdowns on folks!

1 Like

I am expecting a 10 to 12-pt loss. We have caught each of our opponents recently after “bad” losses. I hope something clicks tomorrow but WSU at their place is “tough”

3 Likes

It will be tough but 2 years ago we were not ready for that game as a team. WSU had a few serious dudes.
While they are good this season we will not be overwhelmed from a talent standpoint. We show up and do our thing and we should have a solid shot to walk out of there with a W.

Two yrs when Coogs went into Shocker land it was WSU first Conf gm ever in AAC against a good opponent. Shockers couldn’t miss 1st half, everything went in. 2nd half Coogs played much better and outplayed them . Later in Conf play the Coogs lead wire/wire at TSU and took giant step to get in MarchMadness convo. Coogs won again in Conf Tourney play.

2 Likes

Actually it was at TSU and we weren’t ranked at the time, but otherwise correct.

I believe we match up better with Wichita this year than 2 seasons ago because of the size of our backcourt . That said, we can’t win if we only hit 25% of our 3-pointers

3 Likes

Yes correct. My bad on FC, being I was there bec didn’t have season tiks yet at the time and my ticket was one section over from where all the Shocker fans were behind their bench and all way up. Good fans, had good convo w one for 5 mins on way out of TSU. On rankings I thought they had cracked top25 b4 that game.

That was Sampson’s beautiful coaching season. Dear lord was he masterful that year.

1 Like

Looked it up and we played WSU at TSU on 1/20 and started to get ranked in mid Feb and stayed in Polls for rest of year. So correcto not ranked yet when they played the 2nd time.

Btw I’m to go check out the Football side. Can’t even imagine what’s being discussed over there!! :rofl::rofl::exploding_head::wink::grin:

1 Like

Tulsa looks like one of the biggest surprises so far. Up 63-49 @ Tulane.

1 Like

There doesn’t seem to be any teams we can just cruise on. This league is tough and is really getting better overall each year. It makes for a fun – and nerve racking – year.

2 Likes

Good league. I think ESPN will be happy with its investment.

2 Likes

We blew the Tulsa game.

2 Likes

looking good

Tulsa has a tough 5 game stretch coming up. See what they’re all about real quick.

1 Like

This is exactly why WSU wanted to get into AAC to better there competition. In MVC they would lose 2 Conf gms and were afraid they get left out
which happen one year with very few losses. Comp just went way up on a weekly basis moving to AAC. Like to see their Baseball program get back to where they were in the 80s n 90s. WSU Baseball program was powerhouse back then.