AAC Championship Game here we come

All we have to do is win out and have Cincy beat Tulsa. Don’t know if they will be allowing any fans but round trip to Cincy on United is only $175.

1 Like

Why not? We haven’t lost to a bad team yet and I think the last three games are winnable.

2 Likes

I like ur optimism but SMU on road and turn around the next week for Memphis on the road both places we play poorly at usually, I’m hoping but I give us maybe a 20 percent chance

Well, we played poorly at their place under Herman and Apple Boy.

CDH hasn’t played there yet.

Hopefully we start a new trend.

5 Likes

Not only do we have to win out…we also need to make sure we don’t have any more games cancelled

4 Likes

We don’t know if we are able to play Tulsa Saturday.

2 Likes

Have we been practicing?

1 Like

Are we wiped out at positions?

Have not heard anything about positions. Still testing every other day though.

3 Likes

Early line…Coogs -3

Hopefully we get to play and are healthy enough to throw a few big time punches.

1 Like

Championship Game is still theoretically possible. The 2nd place team will have no more than 2 losses. Three losses eliminates a team (e.g. SMU).

UH could earn a spot in the CCG if UH could play Tulsa. If UH wins out and Tulsa loses to Cincinnati, both teams would be 5-2 and the only teams with two losses. UH would own head-to-head.

Alas, The American has not chosen to make up the UH-Tulsa game. Instead, UH plays SMU — a team already eliminated from the CCG.

2 Likes

The basketball thread is that way.

I thought the Tulsa game was 12/19/20?

1 Like

Only if neither team is in the CCG

1 Like

Unless UH plays Tulsa, it is unlikely that Tulsa misses the CCG.

Cincinnati is in the CCG.

The only way Tulsa misses the CCG is if Tulsa loses out (Navy & Cincinnati), and the winner of the UH-Memphis game wins out. That would leave Tulsa 5-2 in conference play.

Assuming that plays out with Tulsa going 0-2 for the remainder of the season:

1. If Memphis wins out (Tulane & UH), the Tigers would be 6-2. Memphis would play Cincinnati in the CCG.

2. If Houston wins out (SMU & Memphis), UH would be 5-2 just like Tulsa. There would be no head-to-head game, and I can’t find how The American defined the tie-breaker.

Anyway, count on Tulsa and Cincinnati in the CCG.

I hope we have something to complain about, its more fun as a Coog

Yes, if it comes to us winning our last 2 games and needing to beat Tulsa…we wouldn’t want to push the season back another week and possibly ruin Cincy’s chance at the Playoffs !!! :sunglasses: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Dream on !!

Why not have UH play Memphis this weekend and Cincy play Tulsa, then the winners play the next week to see who goes to the CG against Cincy ? I don’t think Tulsa will be Cincy.

The season schedule is already screwed up…so whey not try to right the ship !

1 Like

I’d settle for dumping the SMU game this week and bringing Tulsa to TDECU. Keep the Memphis game where it is. I just want UH to have a path to play its way into the CCG.

4 Likes

How about this?

Would the CFP Committee adjust everything to accomodate Ohio State? It wouldn’t happen for any other school (except Texas), but would the CFP delay everything another week so that Ohio State could play in the B1G CCG? That would allow The American to schedule UH-Tulsa on the 19th with a CCG on December 26th.

I know. Wishful thinking. Not that the CFP would accomodate Ohio State – but that UH would benefit from that decision.

2 Likes