AAC games tonight

Last night all the home teams held serve. The Tulsa game was predictable last night. Cincinnati was going to hammer them at home after their last performance.

Looking at the standings the AAC has 3 teams that will he dancing. SMU is the only team in position to make a run to us as 4th, and that may only be because they have not played and beaten anyone. Maybe an outside chance Cincinnati gets real hot and makes a run.

SMU should start the conference 5-1 before the schedule really toughens. Can they be consistent enough to beat the middle of the pack and below teams on the road to make a run along with winning a couple of games against the conferences elite 3?
That means there game with us on Wednesday is a huge opportunity for them to build on an NCAAA resume

When conference play had not started yet I thought Temple would be better than SMU b/c the Mustangs only had 3 decent opponents & lost to two of them. After seeing us play Temple in Philly, it seems like the players might be running the team more than there new coach. They did come back on us in the second half! They don’t seem as disciplined of a team as when they were under Dunphy!

The problem with SMU is they don’t develop a bench
Last game they played 4 guys heavy minutes including two of them pretty much the entire game. Too bad Whitt left them as a GT or they would be set.
They only get any real production from one guy off the bench and play another about 5 min each half.
They have talent that can be scary on any night but I do think those minutes catch up with a team over a season.

It took them a while since Tulsa was hanging with them until about 5 to 7 mins gone in the 2nd half:
image .

I only watched briefly but the Tulsa bigs did not seem to handle the double team. I think the UH defense will be too much for Tulsa.

They have a limited bench because they only have so many cars to give away !

1 Like