AAC preview: Houston is unanimous pick to hold off

1 Like

I noticed that excerpt about Caleb Mills pits him as a starter. Is that set in stone? I was under the impression that it would likely be Jarreau and Grimes, with Mills still coming off of the bench.

If we play a lot of 4 guard lineups (and I have to believe we will), Mills could very well be a starter alongside DJ and Grimes.

1 Like

most outside media sources are just assuming we are going 4 guards because we have no touted 4 and have plenty touted guards

most houston based media know that is probably not the case…gorham is likely starting at the 4. its unlikely we “start” 4 guards… early indication is that mills is probably coming off the bench, even though he will likely be getting starter minutes

2 Likes

Talked to Alvin Brooks 2 weeks ago Gresham and chaney have a good chance to start.

4 Likes

thats revealing but in what way?
in that greshams spot isnt locked? and that chaney could jump him (they are in a strong competition) … or that they start together which would be odd as neither are major scoring threats and neither can shoot…

You can tell how much they pay attention to league by the lack of mentioning many incoming freshman. Tulsa is not finishing higher than USF or UCF w/a balanced schedule imo.

I have to say I have no clue what the lineup will look like this year. The frontcourt is such a mystery at this point.

Start together they think Chaney is developing really good post moves at the moment and didn’t get the ball enough while at Arkansas.

I guess they’re getting real confident in that jumpshot Gresham is supposed to be developing. :man_shrugging:

All three of those guys can start without having a 4 guard lineup…

(i.e. Deeky, Grimes, Mills, Gorham (or I guess Chaney), and Gresham)

I agree about Tulsa not finishing above USF. I do see them finishing above UCF. Especially since Collin Smith is not playing this season.

will be interesting to see who we bring out game one…but a dejon, greshman, chaney lineup seems like a floor spacing nightmare

Well DUH!!!

OF COURSE we’re a unanimous pick to win the AAC!!!

WHO ELSE WOULD BE???!!!???

Agreed. I just meant that whereas Caleb played mostly 2 last year, this year he’s more likely to just be considered a guard, or possibly a wing like Armoni was. On the other hand, maybe it’s good for him to come off the bench as automatic offense. Just depends on what CKS has in mind for rotations. Caleb was really good last year while on the floor with Sasser. From what I’ve seen of Shead’s distributing abilities, that could be a good rotation as well. The possibilities truly are endless with this team.

Yea I can see that but I don’t think that much of Tulsa, especially considering what they lost.

As always under Sampson, it really doesn’t matter who starts as 10 or 12 will see mucho playing time.

2 Likes

Agreed on that. The Chaney + Gresham starting note surprises me because of potential spacing issues (though I will always trust the staff initially with decisions). As CoogLawyer noted, maybe this 15 footer from Gresham is for real.

If those two guys are starting my guess would be that it’s with Mills, Sasser, and Grimes with Deeky in a 6th man role.

1 Like

Jaureau will start…

Told y’all were ok inside

We’re loaded asf